any fishermen here?

Sanity prevailed. My buddy called this morning and said he didn’t want to do it with the weather as forecast. So, a complete change of plans for me. I am going to head down to the St. George/Mesquite area for golf.
BOOOO. however can confirm that the weather sucks right now

Since it was not practical to head north to fish Yellowstone Lake, I went south to play golf for the weekend and then hit a local water today. It turned out ok.

IMG_9866.jpeg

Striper.jpg

Long time bass fisherman here. My dad got me into golf and bass fishing. To me, there are a lot of similarities with golf and bass fishing. Not necessarily the mechanics, but the patience, perseverance, and having to stay positive and keep trying when the fishing/golf gets tough.

Long time bass fisherman here. My dad got me into golf and bass fishing. To me, there are a lot of similarities with golf and bass fishing. Not necessarily the mechanics, but the patience, perseverance, and having to stay positive and keep trying when the fishing/golf gets tough.

Golf and fishing is what I started with as well. If you really want to test your patience tho, take up fly fishing.

Golf and fishing is what I started with as well. If you really want to test your patience tho, take up fly fishing.
Fly fishing is the best.

LOL. During season, I go up to the mtns and golf 1-2 days and then head to the stream and fish for 1-2 days. We have lots of good fly fishing; but it is harder in the little streams and creeks than the bigger rivers. But it is the best.

Fishing a new lake today, no fish yet but its nice to be fishing again....its been awhile.

Saw an eagle swoop down and grab a fish....very cool. It was a decent size fish, the eagle was having a tough time flying away with it.

20240424_113549.jpg20240424_113552.jpg

Fishing a new lake today, no fish yet but its nice to be fishing again....its been awhile.

Saw an eagle swoop down and grab a fish....very cool. It was a decent size fish, the eagle was having a tough time flying away with it.

View attachment 9260489View attachment 9260490
Love seeing those birds swoop in. We see it fairly regularly with both eagles and ospreys. What kind of fish are you targeting there?

Love seeing those birds swoop in. We see it fairly regularly with both eagles and ospreys. What kind of fish are you targeting there?
Mostly Carp. I like the fight but can be a lot if down time between bites. That gives me time to post on here 😆

I've had both catch fish <10 ft in front of my canoe, it's so cool. Watching bald eagles snare rabbits on the shore is really cool too.

I find myself dreaming of fishing instead of golf lately. Which is annoying cause this year I'm hitting the ball exceptionally well. But all i wanna do is throw flies at trout and hope for the best. Men are more complicated creatures then we thought I guess.

Some day when we move back to Michigan I'm picking up my center console fishing boat and spend some much needed quality time on whatever lake I run into.

I spent the last two weeks down in florida fishing and loved it! Did not want to come home in spite of my casting shoulder hurting so bad. A great topwater bite every day but 1 and that is my favorite form of fishing

well, until I missed a fish and had two of three treble hooks penetrate into my skin. I advocate to everyone never to cast a rod without glasses and a hat on; even before sunup. the pain of yanking a treble out of your leg is high but trivial compared to your head.

now I'm back and totally focussed on golf

Mostly Carp. I like the fight but can be a lot if down time between bites. That gives me time to post on here 😆
It is interesting how carp are gaining respect in the angler world. I am only a fly fisher (although not snobby). Even there, though, there is a growing segment of anglers who specialize in targeting carp. Carp can be very difficult to fool and fight like the devil.

I find myself dreaming of fishing instead of golf lately. Which is annoying cause this year I'm hitting the ball exceptionally well. But all i wanna do is throw flies at trout and hope for the best. Men are more complicated creatures then we thought I guess.

Some day when we move back to Michigan I'm picking up my center console fishing boat and spend some much needed quality time on whatever lake I run into.
I have a great week coming up. It starts with the Vokey Experience at Ballyhack. I will get home late Tuesday night and then Thursday, I will be headed up into the mountains to chase some large cutthroat trout at a lake where we are just starting to see ice off. Fingers crossed it is ready next Thursday. How can that week be beat?

Sounds like I need to hit the lottery and get on your level

I spent the last two weeks down in florida fishing and loved it! Did not want to come home in spite of my casting shoulder hurting so bad. A great topwater bite every day but 1 and that is my favorite form of fishing

well, until I missed a fish and had two of three treble hooks penetrate into my skin. I advocate to everyone never to cast a rod without glasses and a hat on; even before sunup. the pain of yanking a treble out of your leg is high but trivial compared to your head.

now I'm back and totally focussed on golf
What were you fishing for? Florida has everything. Any pics?

It is interesting how carp are gaining respect in the angler world. I am only a fly fisher (although not snobby). Even there, though, there is a growing segment of anglers who specialize in targeting carp. Carp can be very difficult to fool and fight like the devil.
I know a couple of people who fly fish carp. I've never gotten into fly fishing, I don't think my shoulder woukd like that.

View attachment 9260489View attachment 9260490
Ended up catching just 1 little guy. Smallest carp I have ever caught, probably didn't even weigh 1lb 😅 🙃 😆

Still beats a skunk

Back