Anyone bent their vokeys 2* ?

jbb2388

Choose wisely
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering if this is possible with SM9s to bend them 2* strong or if that is pushing it? Have a 7* and 20+yd gap between my set GW and my 56 now. Interested to see how it will perform with a little less bounce too

I bent mine about 28 degrees when I hit a tree stump.

2 degrees should be fine. Just remember that if you are removing 2 degrees of loft, you are also affeting the bounce by 2 degrees.

I bent mine about 28 degrees when I hit a tree stump.

2 degrees should be fine. Just remember that if you are removing 2 degrees of loft, you are also affeting the bounce by 2 degrees.
So it's precisely linear? I knew it would change the bounce but not how much. So 1* of loft chg = 1* of bounce chg? So that would take the bounce down to 10 which would be perfect

I’ve taken a 60 2* weak with no problem

So it's precisely linear? I knew it would change the bounce but not how much. So 1* of loft chg = 1* of bounce chg? So that would take the bounce down to 10 which would be perfect

Its pretty close. Grind and head design can play somewhat of an impact on how much but for rule of thumb, 1:1 is pretty accurate.

I haven't done 2. But I've done 1. I don't think you'll much issue doing it.

You will also increase offset slightly by bending it strong. I like it in a wedge, but it's not for everyone.

They will bend 2* without a problem. As has been discussed you will lose 2* of bounce. If it is a full swing club that might not be an issue. I tend to be on the steep side so I prefer not to reduce bounce on wedges.

Back