Anyone else not care about carrying two 7 irons?

rockball100

Reaction score
Long story short, I wanted the MP 20's but during fitting, the HMP were what I needed. After a lot of work my swing is stable enough to play what I want but comboing these the HMP 7 iron is 30 degree loft and the MP 20 7 iron is 34. Works perfectly but depends on your level of OCDclubs.jpg

Wouldn’t bother me, I think? I have pretty bad OCD 😂

I’d roll with two 7’s!

As long as they're serving a purpose, I wouldn't have a problem with it - although I admit my OCD would probably nag me about it.

I... have never seen this but you do you and if it works great!

That's why I kind of like the idea of stamping lofts on the head instead of an arbitrary number. There's no industry standard for loft, so it doesn't really matter if it's 5, 6, or 7. It'd be especially helpful for combo sets.

Uh no. I’d prefer to find a set that worked through the set. ;) Oh wait I did. Yes it would bother me. I’d get em mixed up.

Distances are all that matter, if the gaps are filled, then rock them!

Uh no. I’d prefer to find a set that worked through the set. ;) Oh wait I did. Yes it would bother me. I’d get em mixed up.
whats the fun in that! maybe you could take a look at the two very different heads and tell? But hey man, if I was doing it over I'd have planned this better

Wouldn’t bother me. I’m seriously considering having two myself with a combo of Cobra SZ & MIM Tours.

my butler has incorrectly loaded my bag several times and I'm OK with it because I don't play any official events

Wouldn't bother me at all. I play one set with two that say 52* on the bottom. Neither one is 52, but even if they were, if they gapped well I'd love 'em just the same.

When I had a frankenstein bag, I had two 7s. Never bothered me in the slightest. Gapping was there and that's all I was worried about

Wouldn't bother me as right now I essentially play 2 PW's.

My Apex CF16 PW is 45° and I also play a 46° Fourteen RM-22J wedge. Only 1° of difference yet there's 10 yards variance in distance.

whats the fun in that! maybe you could take a look at the two very different heads and tell? But hey man, if I was doing it over I'd have planned this better
I’d get em mixed up not thinking about it. :ROFLMAO:

Long story short, I wanted the MP 20's but during fitting, the HMP were what I needed. After a lot of work my swing is stable enough to play what I want but comboing these the HMP 7 iron is 30 degree loft and the MP 20 7 iron is 34. Works perfectly but depends on your level of OCDView attachment 8972397
Nope, did it for a while. I have 2 9's right now LOL!

I wouldn't be bothered about it

Nice setup! I carry two 6 irons, one is 28* and the other is 31*. Carry distance is 11 yards between the two, so that is what is important. How are you hitting tge MP-20s? They're beautiful clubs.

Back