Anyone ever try Q School?

Hi TM,
Just curious what course does Liberty play at in Lynchburg? I actually use to work at the Ericsson facility which Liberty bought a number of years ago and extended their campus. I only worked there a year before moving to NY but know the area pretty well having family still living there.

Also I see your in Buffalo. Are you playing in the NY State PGA Juniors in Cooperstown in a week? My son is a H.S.(Saratoga Springs) senior and qualified for it from the Capitol Area(NENY). We will be playing a practice round there in Cooperstown next Friday. My son will be attending SUNY Delhi in the fall for Pro Golf Management. He is a solid 2 hdcp right now and will play for the team at Delhi but his interest is more in the business/instructing side of the game.

Drop me a line if your going to the tournament.

To address another thing regarding the scholarships - what GPA do you need to hold to keep the full ride at liberty? If you're serious about golf, and putting a ton of time in, you don't want to put that in jeopardy. When I was looking at schools, there were a few places I got academic scholarships to that required you keep something like a 3.7.

An academic scholarship is going to require you to focus on academics, and it sounds like your head is somewhere else. If you're interested in giving golf a run, I'd take an athletics offer.

You're missing the point of his thread. Sure getting an education is paramount but he didn't ask if any gone for an education. He asked about Q school.
I don't think I missed the point just had a different perspective. We can agree to disagree on that if you like.

Once again good luck to the OP and congrats on the opportunities.

Hi TM,
Just curious what course does Liberty play at in Lynchburg? I actually use to work at the Ericsson facility which Liberty bought a number of years ago and extended their campus. I only worked there a year before moving to NY but know the area pretty well having family still living there.

Also I see your in Buffalo. Are you playing in the NY State PGA Juniors in Cooperstown in a week? My son is a H.S.(Saratoga Springs) senior and qualified for it from the Capitol Area(NENY). We will be playing a practice round there in Cooperstown next Friday. My son will be attending SUNY Delhi in the fall for Pro Golf Management. He is a solid 2 hdcp right now and will play for the team at Delhi but his interest is more in the business/instructing side of the game.

Drop me a line if your going to the tournament.

Thanks for the info, and I am totally spacing on the name of the home course, I think it was called something like Poplar Grove, but that might just be a different course in the area. I am not playing in the State because the International Junior Masters qualifier is the same day, but I played last year in the semi-finals in Poughkeepsie and shot a 76, which was one shot out of qualifying for the final State Championship at Bethpage.Best of luck to your son in the PGM program, I have two friends up at Ferris State in the PGM program, and they love it.

To address another thing regarding the scholarships - what GPA do you need to hold to keep the full ride at liberty? If you're serious about golf, and putting a ton of time in, you don't want to put that in jeopardy. When I was looking at schools, there were a few places I got academic scholarships to that required you keep something like a 3.7.

An academic scholarship is going to require you to focus on academics, and it sounds like your head is somewhere else. If you're interested in giving golf a run, I'd take an athletics offer.

I would have to maintain a 3.5. I'm doing a dual major of finance and accounting, so it's nothing super challenging like engineering or medical. It will be tough, but from what I hear, business is one of the easier majors to maintain that status in.

Thanks for the info, and I am totally spacing on the name of the home course, I think it was called something like Poplar Grove, but that might just be a different course in the area. I am not playing in the State because the International Junior Masters qualifier is the same day, but I played last year in the semi-finals in Poughkeepsie and shot a 76, which was one shot out of qualifying for the final State Championship at Bethpage.Best of luck to your son in the PGM program, I have two friends up at Ferris State in the PGM program, and they love it.

Hey TM, Good luck and play well in the Junior Masters qualifier!
I believe there is a course in the Lynchburg area called "Popular Forrest". If that's it I think I've played it nearly 20 years ago but don't remember much about it.

Back