Anyone had a course give your club away?

I think to call the worker an "idiot" is pretty unfair. There were mistakes made by two people here.

By the sounds of the story in the original post, the person who gave it away was not given the description of the club before giving it away. There are so many different scenarios possible here.

As someone who works their summers in a pro shop, it's not as straight forward and what is being assumed in this thread.

They told you "we gave it someone else" In my book that mean they arent working with a full chess set my friend. Shouldnt be too hard to convince them that they need to make it right by replacing it for you.

I think to call the worker an "idiot" is pretty unfair. There were mistakes made by two people here.

By the sounds of the story in the original post, the person who gave it away was not given the description of the club before giving it away. There are so many different scenarios possible here.

As someone who works their summers in a pro shop, it's not as straight forward and what is being assumed in this thread.

If that is the case then they are an idiot in my book. If I find something at work I don't give it to anyone unless they can describe it...

If that is the case then they are an idiot in my book. If I find something at work I don't give it to anyone unless they can describe it...

I'm not going to argue with you, but from experience of being on the other side, its not that straight forward here.

Like I said, there were two mistakes here. How would you feel if we all came in here and called you an idiot for leaving the club? It's not right to do that is it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to argue with you, but from experience of being on the other side, its not that straight forward here.

Like I said, there were two mistakes here. How would you feel if we all came in here and called you an idiot for leaving the club? It's not right to do that is it?

I can't speak for OP, but I know for sure if I left a club on the course that turned up missing I would 100% expect to be called an idiot. Why? Because I WAS an idiot in that instance. So, yes, it would be right and imo he's also in the right for calling the worker who gave it away an idiot. Obviously nicer words could be used, but "idiot" is fitting.

Honestly, I wouldn't care. You are welcome to call me an idiot all you want.
If you think I am an idiot because I left my club at the golf course go ahead, let it out.
Send me a PM if you would like.

It's called freedom of speech. Isn't America great?

Honestly, I wouldn't care. You are welcome to call me an idiot all you want.
If you think I am an idiot because I left my club at the golf course go ahead, let it out.
Send me a PM if you would like.

It's called freedom of speech. Isn't America great?

Wow point completely missed.

My point was just because someone makes a mistake doesn't make you an idiot. I don't think you're an idiot for leaving your club. I think you made a mistake. The person who accidentally gave your club away, made an honest mistake, doesn't make them an idiot.

All I've been trying to say this entire time is it's not as straight forward as that person just giving your club away. There are a lot of lost clubs on a golf course everyday. I know for example, we generally have 2-5 per day on average at our course. People come in all the time asking for a lost wedge or 9i. If a club is sitting behind a desk and they say, "hey is that a wedge there, I lost mine today " is the person working suppose to think they are lying if the player claims it to be theirs?

Mistakes happen, none of us were there to know the conversation between the worker and the player. Making it practically impossible to point a finger.

That's all my point was. Not to sit here and call one another names. No need to be defensive.

It sucks that you accidentaly left a club on the course but I don't believe the course has any responsibility for lost items. They have a "lost & found" as a courtesy to their customers. How would the course be able to truly identify anyone as the actual owner unless the club has a name on it or the owner has the serial number of the club, assuming there is one? The fact that someone apparently turned in your lost club is great and they did the right thing, but that person could have just as easily kept it. The person who decided they wanted a new to them club and decided to take yours is a dirtbag!

Back