ANyone have any thoughts about the Mizuno MP-600 driver?

jmatt

Fat b4 the shafts were
Reaction score
Handicap
horrific
I know it's older stuff, and I've tried a few searches with nothing coming up, but has anyone hit /played the Mizuno MP-600 driver?
There's one available locally with what I think is the stock Fijikura stiff shaft, and I'm intrigued by the Fast Track weight system this uses. I'm just a bit concerned over the forgiveness of this, but that's possibly just my kneejerk reaction to the word "Mizuno". If the thing punishes heel/toe hits, it's not going to work for me no matter how terrific a perfect strike might be.

Can anyone comment on this club?

Great club. It has a smaller clubhead (I believe its something like 440cc), so it will hit the ball lower but the Fasttrack system is a neat feature. It wont fix a slice or hook but it will allow you to slightly tweak your ballflight and the amount of spin.
Its a good driver if you can get a deal on it, I wouldnt pay over $100 for it though. You can buy those clubs all day long on Ebay for less than $100.

I think Brian_g on here had/has one of these, and he certainly made good use of it. Had a few swings myself and it felt nice, and it made a novelty whistling noise through the swing, due to the Fast Track channel.

I hit one of these at a demo and killed it, it is a great driver. I have a better one in the bag though so I wasn't interested in buying it but if I had any doubts about my current driver I would have bought it.

"Novelty whistling noise"? Oh, I think I might pick this up just for THAT. That's got to be worth 2 a side playing with my normal group.
I think I'll try to talk the seller down a bit, but this sounds like it's worth a few swings. I've spent more on worse stuff.

Back