Anyone here an Armlock putter?

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Anyone here using an armlock putter? I’d love to give it a try, but not sure it is worth testing one out.

Not born but certainly bred! Switched to armlock at the beginning of last season and shaved off 2 putts a round on average. Specially huge change in confidence and make % on <6ft putts. If you’re going to try it, know that the feel of holding and making a good stroke with one required ME to completely change how I approach putting. And it stuck for me. Good luck! Do you have any putters in mind? Highly recommend a putter with Sik’s DLT face tech

Not born but certainly bred! Switched to armlock at the beginning of last season and shaved off 2 putts a round on average. Specially huge change in confidence and make % on <6ft putts. If you’re going to try it, know that the feel of holding and making a good stroke with one required ME to completely change how I approach putting. And it stuck for me. Good luck! Do you have any putters in mind? Highly recommend a putter with Sik’s DLT face tech
What lead you to switch? Have you tried going back to “standard/regular”? If so, any issues?

What lead you to switch? Have you tried going back to “standard/regular”? If so, any issues?
Man I am so excited for you to get set up with a cobra armlock! Wanted to improve my putting, already played one length/was on the “reduce variables in stroke” headspace and decided to get a putter off of eBay to try out, one that I knew would have great resale value. Ended up bagging it two weeks later. I have a regular sized putter on my home putting set up and I have no issues. Actually enjoy regular putting a lot more now and am sometimes tempted to switch back, but I am fully committed to my bag for 2022, specially my putter.

I tend to arm lock my 8i green side

Does that count?

I'm not currently armlocking but I have before and it's my second most preferred style behind side saddle. For me armlock gave me a lot of confidence on short putts, and personally I didn't have much of an adjustment needed on long putts.

The thing that surprised me the most about armlock was how important it was for me to feel the putter release. My conventional stroke is "slight arc" which suits a wide range of head syles, but with armlock I could only get along with a blade as I really needed to feel the head release.

So I also putted side saddle before and like it. Started that 4 years ago. I went armlock when Cobra came out with their full line of putters last year. I really was impressed by the tech so thought I'd give armlock a try. Of course, I couldn't just do the standard as I was happy with face on overall. I've been bowling since I was little. I figured I have a lot of control in my bowling so let me adapt that. I stand like I would as I release the ball in bowling, left foot pointed slightly left of the target line right foot behind that in the same orientation and then just let my shoulder hang down and swing like I'm gonna toss a ball underhand. So I armlock against my right arm (I'm right handed), actually tried one handed at first but not enough control, and just barely support it against my arm with my left. I think I'm going to cut another 2 inches or so off so I can get a little more over the ball, right now I need to stand a little taller than I'd like in order to keep the top of the club below the elbow to stay "legal". My friends of course question what I was doing switching since they thought I putted well before but now admit I do pretty good with this too. sorry for the wall of text.

Used to use them, but not any longer.

Sik and Evnroll. Why the DLT face?

I'm not currently armlocking but I have before and it's my second most preferred style behind side saddle. For me armlock gave me a lot of confidence on short putts, and personally I didn't have much of an adjustment needed on long putts.

The thing that surprised me the most about armlock was how important it was for me to feel the putter release. My conventional stroke is "slight arc" which suits a wide range of head syles, but with armlock I could only get along with a blade as I really needed to feel the head release.
Why’d you switch back from armlock?

Yeah I’m in the armlock cub 😃

Why’d you switch back from armlock?
My 2 struggles with putting are alignment (specially being able to "see a straight line") and confidence on short putts. Armlock helps with the confidence but not the alignment.

I don't use an armlock putter but I use a style that has some similar characteristics. I use a very short putter held by a firm left arm. My right hand (trail) is almost not on the putter and is a little above and parallel to my left hand grip. I'm moving that left shoulder and left arm/putter in unison. My stance is very athletic; amost the same as if I was going to make a full swing with a SW. My putter has been modified to better fit what i do. Very upright and altered loft.

reason I do this is I struggeled with alignment and confience on short putts. Sames as prior post.

the reason I don't use a long putter is that I started this adapation before I every held a armlock putter. I could tell switching putters was going to be an adjustment and the armlock is very heavy. As a walker, I don't need to push more weight. So I have stuck with my very short putter and locked left arm.

something else comes to mind in hindsight. my old putting stroke of +25 years with conventional grip, bent arms, longer putter, etc was not possible for me to setup the same and start takeaway the same from round to round. Some days good, some days terrible. the armlock and such styles is about taking micromotions out and moving bigger muscles to move the putter like core rotation. I'm still finding I have micromotions even with a very mechanical looking putting stroke of today but I realize that the old setup was a total no go regarless of how much I'd practice;;; too many variables for this guy

Before buying a new putter to try the armlock putting style, you may want to try the SuperStroke wristlock putting grip on your current putter. I believe it delivers the same benefits of armlock putting, and I found it to be an easier transition.

I switched to an armlock last season and really like the stability. I wanted to try armlock to see if I could be more consistent with putting.

I have found that my stroke inside 10 feet to be much better. Outside of 10 is similar to non armlock, but I have found I am a bit closer to the hole for the second putt.

I switched to an armlock last season and really like the stability. I wanted to try armlock to see if I could be more consistent with putting.

I have found that my stroke inside 10 feet to be much better. Outside of 10 is similar to non armlock, but I have found I am a bit closer to the hole for the second putt.
Fuffle what are you using specifically?

I'm glad this thread popped up. I've wanted to try this for a long time I just struggle to pull the trigger on a $300 test.

I don't use an armlock putter but I use a style that has some similar characteristics. I use a very short putter held by a firm left arm. My right hand (trail) is almost not on the putter and is a little above and parallel to my left hand grip. I'm moving that left shoulder and left arm/putter in unison. My stance is very athletic; amost the same as if I was going to make a full swing with a SW. My putter has been modified to better fit what i do. Very upright and altered loft.

reason I do this is I struggeled with alignment and confience on short putts. Sames as prior post.

the reason I don't use a long putter is that I started this adapation before I every held a armlock putter. I could tell switching putters was going to be an adjustment and the armlock is very heavy. As a walker, I don't need to push more weight. So I have stuck with my very short putter and locked left arm.
Honestly that sounds like the exact same thing I do. I try and keep my left arm as straight as possible and sort of mimic an armlock style. It has really worked for me so I thought about trying an armlock putter.

Before buying a new putter to try the armlock putting style, you may want to try the SuperStroke wristlock putting grip on your current putter. I believe it delivers the same benefits of armlock putting, and I found it to be an easier transition.

There's a review thread for this https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...s/super-stroke-wristlock-grip-review.8920572/

I gave it a go and didn't care for it personally. Without getting your shaft extended I just didn't find it to be quite the same as an arm lock. Nonetheless, if anyone wants to try it I have one sitting downstairs unused. I'll ship it to anyone for $10.

Which putter do you use?

I'm glad this thread popped up. I've wanted to try this for a long time I just struggle to pull the trigger on a $300 test.
I was fitted by Club Champion with the Bettinardi Studio 28 Armlock.

I really like how the ball comes off the blade.

I wanted to try one as well, when I did my fitting I did a little test with them and they were not for me (at this time). I couldn't get the body move to feel right so I stayed traditional. I'm still very interested in one, it's one of those I want to like it and I think I like it more than it suits my game the right way - if that makes sense.

Back