Anyone here had a PXG fitting before, just wondering what to expect.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
It's more of a spec check on some irons i ordered last year, but i hope to take advantage of as much as i can while there. I understand obviously it's all PXG, but still looking forward to it.

I had an iron/wedge indoor Trackman fitting last month and bought Gen 4 irons and wedges. I warmed up with my Rogue 7 iron. He asked some questions: what do I want to improve, what don't I like about my Rogues, etc. The fitter then gave me a gen 3 7 iron that fairly closely matched up with my Rogue, and I took some swings for comparison. He gave me a few little pointers on my swing while in the fitting. Then he built up a Gen 4 7 iron, which I liked immediately and more than the Gen 3. We tried a few different shafts and club lies, and I eventually picked the Recoil Dart, 2 degrees up. Then we tried wedges. I liked the forged wedges, and loved the Sugar Daddy 2. We talked about gapping a little and I eventually choose a 5-PW set, with 50/54 forged wedges, and a 58 Sugar Daddy 2. Ten clubs total. all with the Darts. The whole process took a little less than an hour. Total time from ordering to delivery was ten days which included one, one day delivery delay due to snow here in Colorado.

One note, be honest with your answers and what you're looking for in the new clubs! The fitter told me that I was the first one that day to be honest about my yardages. I spent a little over what I had budgeted, but got the clubs I wanted, set up the way I wanted, and am seeing a noticeable difference on the course. Also, I asked for the clubs to be built without the PXG grips which are Lamkin Z5 midsize. They won't sell clubs without the grips (discount), but they will ship them loose so you can install the grips you want. The grips and Rogues will be for sale next week when I get home from FL.

I did an iron fitting with them. It was a good experience and I didn’t really feel pressured to buy anything. The only downside is their shaft selection when it comes to irons is not great and it’s been like that for quite some time

Driver fitting at TPC Sawgrass back in 2020.
First validated irons I ordered online with my previous fitted set up-

Driver- since it is PXG, thats all there is to hit head wise. Lots of shafts and different heads/generations.
Was awesome to hit outside, big fan of that.
They have trackman set up to get numbers

Hit current clubs, compare to new and then start fine tuning.

Have Fun!

Driver fitting at TPC Sawgrass back in 2020.
First validated irons I ordered online with my previous fitted set up-

Driver- since it is PXG, thats all there is to hit head wise. Lots of shafts and different heads/generations.
Was awesome to hit outside, big fan of that.
They have trackman set up to get numbers

Hit current clubs, compare to new and then start fine tuning.

Have Fun!
yes this will be outdoors weather permitting, so looking forward to it, i have not used any sort of trackman or otherwise in years, so will be interesting.

I'm curious about this as well. I have had really bad experiences with club/shaft fitting in the past. But I may give the PXG fitting a shot. I'm especially interested in finding a driver shaft that's a good fit for me. I'm a big believer that if you find a profile that works for you, then you can stay in the 'realm' for a long time.

I did my iron fitting at King of Prussia.Tried the Gen 3 and 0211 DC. There was no pressure to buy the more expensive clubs and the 0211 were the best fit for me. Very happy with my clubs.

Just had my first fitting ever last Sunday at the PXG in Fairfax, Va. the facility opened recently and it is very nice. Everyone was pleasant and welcoming.
He had me warm up with my i200’s and asked what I was looking for in new irons and if I had eyes on a model. I came to try the 0211dc so he got me started with those.
I hit them well but didn’t love them after finding a good spec combination so he set me up in the same spec with some gen 3. I ended up not being able to get any better numbers than my i200’s loft for loft so we agreed anything would be a lateral move and I was getting ready to pack up.
I then asked to try the 0211st for gits and shiggles as it is above my skill level. I was wrong. He set me up and I was striping it with better numbers and dispersion than my i200’s. Importantly the specs that fit me best are not at all how I would have ordered them offline without a fitting but the numbers don’t lie.
So my set of brand new 0211st are en route and will arrive Monday. I even had them shipped to the store to save $60. I was never pressured and felt comfortable the entire time and was not rushed during my hour. The rep even texted me a video thanking me. So I can recommend them without reservation.

My fitting was for a full bag. The fitter was thorough, honest, and no pressure. He actually advised me that with my numbers and with what I told him about my game, that I shouldn't buy a 3 wood, 4 iron (these both were the same distance as other clubs), or sand or lob wedges (stick with my specs since those are my keys to scoring). I was only picking up 3 yards with the driver (none of the new drivers from any of the manufacturers are doing any better), so when I said I'd stick with my current gamer, he said I'd be crazy not to. The 0211 irons were exactly what I was looking for, so I ordered the 5 through GW. He was totally satisfied and didn't try to upsell. It was a fantastic experience and the 0211 irons are unbelievably good, way longer and way more forgiving than my old TMs.

Well was a good fitting, but unfortunately my clubs which i ordered standard spec because i thought the deal was going to end, are not a good fit. They are 1/2 too long, and the MMT 80 have a bit too much shaft deflection. I either need cut them 1/2 inch, install Dri-Tac lite to get swing up, or sell and start all over, and order new set with TT elevate MPH 95 1/2 inch short. .

Last year I did an indoor GCQuad PXG fitting with the regional rep who was starting a new schedule where he would show up here each month for fittings. Shop owner didn't have anyone for the first session, so I volunteered. He brought a row of bags with shafts and clubs and tables with heads in travel boxes. Fairly standard fitting. he had me hit my 7i and then he started handing me club/shaft combos to try. I would hit a couple and he would mumble and then hand me something else. Same thing for driver. We also worked through their putters. I enjoyed the experience. I wasn't paying too much attention to the heads, but very much appreciated the shaft fitting.

IMG_2308.jpeg

I've been struggling to fit a club to fit in 18* Slot.
I have Friday off and PXG has there woods fittings for 60 minutes down to $25.00.
Thinking for $25, that's pretty cheap for an hour of Indoor Trackman time.
Might be worth it.

I've been struggling to fit a club to fit in 18* Slot.
I have Friday off and PXG has there woods fittings for 60 minutes down to $25.00.
Thinking for $25, that's pretty cheap for an hour of Indoor Trackman time.
Might be worth it.

Funny to see this thread with your post about an 18* club.

It was especially funny to see that I commented about maybe checking PXG out in April and didn't get around to it until October. I am considering a fitting for the same spot in my bag.

I've been struggling with my Hy-wood, but killing my 4H. So wondering if a turned down 7-wood, 3H or maybe even a 5-wood.

Long story short, I hit the PXG pipe hard last month.

Driver - got fit for it and loved it.
Irons - Good experience, but found out my current irons fit me great
Putter - got fit and bought

The driver I bought went on sale for $50 cheaper a few days after I bought it. I used that $50 credit towards and 0311 5-wood. I've received the club, but haven't hit it year. I'm going back to my fitter this week to figure out what I hit best and then likely return the 5-wood (if it's not the right fit) toward that club.

I had bad experiences being fit before. The PXG fitter was fantastic. No pressure. They feel like they are just working to see if they can find a combo that works better for you. I NEVER would have picked out the driver/shaft/head setting if I was ordering o.

I appreciated him sharing that I hit my current irons really well and it wouldn't be worth it to change for the 2-3 more yards (and worse dispersion).

I trust him to figure out the right club to fit the current hole in my bag.

Last edited:
My PXG Fitters (1 when I bought my irons, 1 when I later bought my driver) were both extremely knowledgeable and efficient, and best of all honest. They did not try to upsell, just worked within my budget to get me the best setup I could possibly get. I picked up 15 yards with better control with the irons, and at least that much with the driver. It was fascinating that virtually everything they predicted would happen with the changes they made went exactly as they said. They are clearly well trained and very familiar with their products.

Be sure to bring any clubs you want to compare with you so you can see exactly what is changing with the new clubs.

PXG just opened a Boston office so I will be going there to get fitted for a new 3w and hybrid.

I got a Gen 4 driver and have been very happy with it.

yes this will be outdoors weather permitting, so looking forward to it, i have not used any sort of trackman or otherwise in years, so will be interesting.
Will be at northstone?

Funny to see this thread with your post about an 18* club.

It was especially funny to see that I commented about maybe checking PXG out in April and didn't get around to it until October. I am considering a fitting for the same spot in my bag.

I've been struggling with my Hy-wood, but killing my 4H. So wondering if a turned down 7-wood, 3H or maybe even a 5-wood.

Long story short, I hit the PXG pipe hard last month.

Driver - got fit for it and loved it.
Irons - Good experience, but found out my current irons fit me great
Putter - got fit and bought

The driver I bought went on sale for $50 cheaper a few days after I bought it. I used that $50 credit towards and 0311 5-wood. I've received the club, but haven't hit it year. I'm going back to my fitter this week to figure out what I hit best and then likely return the 5-wood (if it's not the right fit) toward that club.

I had bad experiences being fit before. The PXG fitter was fantastic. No pressure. They feel like they are just working to see if they can find a combo that works better for you. I NEVER would have picked out the driver/shaft/head setting if I was ordering o.

I appreciated him sharing that I hit my current irons really well and it wouldn't be worth it to change for the 2-3 more yards (and worse dispersion).

I trust him to figure out the right club to fit the current hole in my bag.
So I booked a Woods Fitting for Friday.
Always looking to get additional distance from my Driver and still looking for that Magic Club between Driver and 4h.

So I had my fitting at PXG on Friday and I had a wonderful experience.
I reached out to a fitter that a coworker had worked with via the phone.
I told him that 5w spot in my bag was costing me 2 shots a round vs. 15 HDCP
Sent him ShotScope Data that back that up.
1668441114598.png 1668441260934.png
We set up a time for 9:30 on Friday Morning a the PXG Chicago West Store.

Took me a little to find it however I got there and was kindly greeted at front store.
Store is really nice - Nice layout with a fair amount of clothing and hats.

Met my Fitter Luke Lovcik and we started just talking about my game and I started to hit 7i to warm up.
He went through my bag to see what I was gaming. Didn't take him long that I was serious about my game just by the age of the clubs and Shafts
He saw that I had a Nippon Regio Driver Shaft and his jaw just dropped. He took it and went to show the other fitter -
Told me he's never seen that Shaft in the "Wild" (If I have thanked you enough @JB for letting review that shaft, I'm thanking you again)

So we started out with the Rogue ST MAX 5W I had with a Fujikura Pro 2.0 7 Stiff.
He did tell me that that shaft can feel "Boardy"
After getting a baseline, we started with the 0311 Gen5.
Got a baseline and switched to the 0311 XF Gen5.
Not nearly as good as the regular 0311.
The Fitter then worked with the weights to fight off my draw and started to see some really great results.
Ended up with the Cypher 50 S Flex with more weights towards the toe, There is some missed shots below however the good ones were really good.
Shots 35-38 is where I was getting used to the shaft and club:
246CCF55-3BE9-4933-B694-74A91292A4C2.jpeg

I then hit one off the tee and got this result, we were done:
7BEB8037-B1CB-4457-946E-1CC012EB2B06.jpeg

This 0311 Gen5 I thought was going to help me get what I need, it is so customizable with the 3 weights on the bottom.

I then was asked about buying it, I immediately brought up about the "Wanky" pricing that goes on with PXG.
Was assured that pricing in the past was going to change.
We "Cut A Deal" should the price lower in the next 6 months.
He shipped to me for free
Gave me a PXG hat so that was nice.

Over all I was happy with the experience and would tell anyone thinking about to give it a try.

Last edited:
Some context would be helpful!

Context:
  1. Got irons lie off by 2.5 degrees
  2. Got length of irons off by 1.25 inches
  3. Got wrong shaft in driver
  4. Put into a low loft driver head, despite saying I need to get the ball higher - argued with me
  5. Had 5 total shafts to try for driver; 2 for irons;

Post fitting/club build
  1. Put wrong grips on driver, sent no grips on irons
  2. 3 heads came off of irons on 2nd round
  3. Cut hybrid shaft too short by a significant amount

Context:
  4. Put into a low loft driver head, despite saying I need to get the ball higher - argued with me

Post fitting/club build
That is a lot to get wrong!

So I had my fitting at PXG on Friday and I had a wonderful experience.
I reached out to a fitter that a coworker had worked with via the phone.
I told him that 5w spot in my bag was costing me 2 shots a round vs. 15 HDCP
Sent him ShotScope Data that back that up.
View attachment 9135290 View attachment 9135292
We set up a time for 9:30 on Friday Morning a the PXG Chicago West Store.

Took me a little to find it however I got there and was kindly greeted at front store.
Store is really nice - Nice layout with a fair amount of clothing and hats.

Met my Fitter Luke Lovcik and we started just talking about my game and I started to hit 7i to warm up.
He went through my bag to see what I was gaming. Didn't take him long that I was serious about my game just by the age of the clubs and Shafts
He saw that I had a Nippon Regio Driver Shaft and his jaw just dropped. He took it and went to show the other fitter -
Told me he's never seen that Shaft in the "Wild" (If I have thanked you enough @JB for letting review that shaft, I'm thanking you again)

So we started out with the Rogue ST MAX 5W I had with a Fujikura Pro 2.0 7 Stiff.
He did tell me that that shaft can feel "Boardy"
After getting a baseline, we started with the 0311 Gen5.
Got a baseline and switched to the 0311 XF Gen5.
Not nearly as good as the regular 0311.
The Fitter then worked with the weights to fight off my draw and started to see some really great results.
Ended up with the Cypher 50 S Flex with more weights towards the toe, There is some missed shots below however the good ones were really good.
Shots 35-38 is where I was getting used to the shaft and club:
View attachment 9135309

I then hit one off the tee and got this result, we were done:
View attachment 9135311

This 0311 Gen5 I thought was going to help me get what I need, it is so customizable with the 3 weights on the bottom.

I then was asked about buying it, I immediately brought up about the "Wanky" pricing that goes on with PXG.
Was assured that pricing in the past was going to change.
We "Cut A Deal" should the price lower in the next 6 months.
He shipped to me for free
Gave me a PXG hat so that was nice.

Over all I was happy with the experience and would tell anyone thinking about to give it a try.

Awesome report! So glad it was a great experience for you. And that you found something you were happy with.

It's making me think I need to see my fitter to make sure the 0311 I bought without fitting is the right fit.

Awesome report! So glad it was a great experience for you. And that you found something you were happy with.

It's making me think I need to see my fitter to make sure the 0311 I bought without fitting is the right fit.
I think what helped me get fit was the fact there was 3 weights on the 0311 Gen5.
A lot of clubs are built with a draw bias however that's exactly what I don't need.
Having the weights helped the fitter dial me in.

BTW - Did my fitting on a Friday and it shipped on a Monday - Impressive turnaround.
It's shipping to the store so I'm working with the same fitter to do a Driver fitting and pick up the fairway wood at the same time.

Context:

Post fitting/club build
did they build your clubs on site or were they shipped from HQ that way...?

Back