Anyone using a 10 finger grip?

I just switched from interlock to overlap because of finger pain. If this doesn’t help alleviate the issue, then I’ll give ten finger a shot.

Being a past baseball player, a ten finger grip is what I have always used. I have tried the OL & interlocking grips but it hurts to much and feels like I am starting to learn the game of golf all over again. I will never use anything but, what I call it, a baseball grip. I took a professional lesson and the pro didn't have any concern with my 10 finger grip.

I played golf with a guy the other day that used this. Hit every single full shot iron super pure(and was playing 10 year old blades), it was fun to watch. Couldn’t hit a driver, but he could kill a 2 iron

Messed with it tonight on the range and it felt pretty good. I don't have a nasty hook, and my slice has gone down. It'll take a little more getting used to but very positive so far. I've been fit for Mizunos with those steel fiber shaffts, but I gotta work myself up to that 1200 bill.

I use a 10 finger. I made a post that I was going to switch. I tried for a month and lost so much of my distance and feel. I had a wicked peeling right ball flight that I could not get rid of with the interlock. I'll take a left miss with the 10 finger, it's more the challenge of minimizing a big snap-hook while using it. I've found tempo, especially from the top, is imperative to avoiding the massive left miss. I guess I'll be sticking with 10 finger.

When I started playing, I used the interlocking grip and was fairly successful. I use the 10 finger grip now and am comfortable with it. At the end of the day, is there really a right or wrong?

I will say this, if you go to the range and try 10 finger for awhile, it'll be hard to go back to overlap and interlock, 10 finger imo gives more control, once going back to one of thee others it'll feel weird in regards to not feeling as if you have a secure grip of the club.

I have used the 10-finger grip my entire golfing life. My father started me that way because I had small hands & it was the only way I could control the club.
The great Moe Norman used a 10-finger grip & he hit the ball great. (y)

I'm curious with everyone that has small hands, I don't know what the norm is, from crease in wrist to tip of middle finger what's everyone's length?
Mine is 8"
I don't know if thats small, medium or large??
I will say I use an oversize grip though so that may help if mine arent small. I also feel like the oversize grip helps with the 10 finger.

I have used the 10-finger grip my entire golfing life. My father started me that way because I had small hands & it was the only way I could control the club.
The great Moe Norman used a 10-finger grip & he hit the ball great. (y)

He says Moe used an overlap though?

I took a series of lessons a couple of years ago and my instructor had me switch to a 10 finger grip. It just feels natural now.

Why Use a Ten Finger Golf Grip
I urge all golf players to at least give the 10 finger golf grip a try! In my own experience, I have found it to be such an easy and natural way of gripping the club. Here is a few more reason why you should use this grip:

1. It’s one of the easiest golf grips to teach and learn. This is the reason why most novice players are taught this grip first.

2. This gripping technique comes naturally to most people and is the first instinctive choice of beginners.

3. It presents golfers with maximum leverage compared to many other gripping techniques.

4. Given the simplicity of this technique, it’s perfect for all types of golfers; males, females, seniors and children.

5. It provides greater power for the best swinging action on impact. This is because all of your ten fingers make contact with the club.

Played my first full round with 10 finger today and it was just significantly better for me on every front. I think it's honestly incredibly underrated for high handicap golfers after today. I'm sad I haven't been using it all along. I have NOTICEABLY less pain and stress in my hands. I definitely had a bit more carry, and it added no noticeable hook. It just felt way more comfortable. I'm a big fan of it in my early switch.

The only drawback I noticed was my 50 yard pitch-ish shots with my wedge were tough for me to control. I did not do well, but those are tough shots for me regardless so...

Back