April 8 Solar Eclipse

Saw it for a few minutes here and there in between the clouds. Missed out on seeing totality because of some really dense clouds although it did get really dark. Coolest part was how quickly it brightened up after that.

It was weird here for a bit. I had to run into a store and the amount of people standing outside looking at it was kind of funny
I find this really weird too. 1/3 of our office was standing in the parking lot staring up with paper glasses on

I live in Ohio where we had totality. It was pretty cool from what I thought it was going to be, but I don’t think I’d drive even 2 hours to see it honestly.

That was so cool. We had about 95% in my part of Ohio. It was partly cloudy, but the clouds cooperated for most of it.

We were in totality and it was unreal. We went to the lake and I’m so glad we didIMG_9217.jpeg

My 2nd time seeing totality. Surreal.

Watched it in the Ozarks and just got back to cell service.
Screenshot_20240408_140100_Photos.jpg

Giant nothing burger out west..

Ohio was not cloudy today. We were out in the backyard the entire time. We had a time lapse on a tripod watching us to see if it showed it getting darker and then lighter. It was pretty awesome though during totality and taking the glasses off.

No clouds here so got a good look. This was my 3rd one and my life is getting progressively worse.
About 14yo the first time. We were fishing and during the darkest part I hooked one of the biggest brown trout I ever landed back home.
We golfed during the one here 7 years ago and remember making a routine bogey on the darkest hole.
Mowed my backyard during this one. yawn. We were only 98% this time but lighting was cool nonetheless. Did uncharacteristically drink a cold Stella as it got dark Insurance Beer incase those 'rapture predictors' weren't completely nuts. Won't be any cold beer for me in hell.
I saw a bunch of mayflies right after pop on the river, not surprising on the fish catch

I live in Ohio where we had totality. It was pretty cool from what I thought it was going to be, but I don’t think I’d drive even 2 hours to see it honestly.
This is me. Drove the kid 30 minutes to get a good ways into totality. It was really cool and glad we made the drive but making a whole day or days trip out of it doesn’t appeal to me at all.

This is me. Drove the kid 30 minutes to get a good ways into totality. It was really cool and glad we made the drive but making a whole day or days trip out of it doesn’t appeal to me at all.
I drove 9 hours to see the last one and 9 hours to see this one. I'd drive farther than that to see the next one. I love it.

St. Louis area was pretty unremarkable, as expected. Traffic heading south was insane, fortunately I was going the other way. Hope those fighting it enjoyed their 4 minutes of totality. 🤷🏻‍♂️

St. Louis area was pretty unremarkable, as expected. Traffic heading south was insane, fortunately I was going the other way. Hope those fighting it enjoyed their 4 minutes of totality. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Next total eclipse is in 20 years, a bit longer than 4 minutes away. The only US states to see the totality will be Montana and a part of North Dakota.

Didn't see much myself - but I was driving when it happened. Barely dimmed the light, so not as big a deal as those in the area where they could see totality. I did get to see that in 2017 though, so don't feel like I missed much lol

It looked like dusk here about 15 minutes ago. It has brightened back up here. It was somewhat cloudy around "totality" but you could still see the sun here.
Albany had Totality?

Next total eclipse is in 20 years, a bit longer than 4 minutes away. The only US states to see the totality will be Montana and a part of North Dakota.
Ummm…4 minutes was the duration of this event. Not likely that I’ll even be around in 20 years for the next one. 😳

We have the eclipse at home

1000064081.jpg

Wife took better pictures than I did. I was working while the entire area was going crazy about it. I'll see what she has when I get home.

My pics suck....but we were right in the totality line..me and my 6yr old daughter watched it from our property. We have a pretty big field and we sat in the middle of it.

It's not super my thing. But my daughter was very psyched to watch it. That alone was a lot of fun

It got really dark here for about 30 seconds at 3:28pm

PXL_20240408_192659988.MP.jpg

We sat on the putting green and watched it.

c44bec7a-3199-465f-8778-f00df71ad101.jpg

991e3d4d-3c14-42c1-bfc2-e374058a198e.jpg
IMG_3459.jpeg

I got my kid from daycare around noon and we drove a couple of hours north to be in the path of totality. Ended up meeting my father at a golf course that we played 4-5 years ago. Long day and the drive home was terrible, but I’m glad we did this. It was pretty damn cool to see it live. It got cooler and darker out.

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

Another awesome one from the lake
IMG_9220.jpeg

Back