Are golf schools worth the time and money?

I was seriously thinking of doing the leadbetter program but it is stupid expensive imo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, I think it would be a fun and useful experience.

Many times, such schools involve range/short game work in the morning with instructors moving between the various students, and then on-course work in the afternoon, often at a gorgeous course.

Now, would it be as good a value as $2500 of lessons? Probably not.

So it really depends on whether you want to go do something different.

That's exactly the type of "school" I went to and I had a good time. First round after it, I broke 80 for the first time ever, too.

It helped quite a bit that it was a gift so I didn't pay anything. But I'm not sure how much I actually learned there, as many of the techniques taught were pretty common, i.e. chipping with different clubs and using the right one via a carry/roll ratio, etc. The real benefit was probably just spending those 3 straight mornings doing nothing but short game practice.

Also probably a better fit for a beginner/intermediate level golfer than a more advanced player.

A few years back my wife (she doesn't play much at all) and I did the Faldo golf school @ Shadow Ridge in Palm Springs as a getaway.... and it was a blast! I do think my game benefited from the school... not so much due to instruction or tweaks to my golf swing, but the mere fact that I worked on every aspect of my game for 3 consecutive days and played 18 every day! Faldo was there, but didn't provide any hands on instruction....

As for cost, Faldo school is associated with Marriott and we converted a bunch of points so no harm no foul..... I'm hoping to do it again in the near future just as another getaway!

Funny aside.... the first day we started with green side bunker shots, the instructor mentioned to everyone to pace themselves.... you're going to hit a lot of shots today and I don't want you to be too sore for tomorrow... Of course my wife scoffed and this.... how can you be sore from swinging a golf club..... the next morning this was her reaction.... OMG! I can't get out of bed.... I'm sooooo damn sore!

Friend of mine and her husband did a week school in Phoenix. They have surplus cash, They enjoyed the experience. School in the morning, 18 every afternoon.

Met some great folks.

Didn't really change their game much, lol

I couldn't stand to listen to her speak for 10 minutes, let alone several 1 hour lessons. What people see in her is beyond me.
Well it's not her voice, I'll tell you that.

Back