Are Greeting Cards Obsolete?

Wife is fully bought into Big-Halmark.

We get cards for everything, it's crazy. I have started buying them at the dollar store though because 5-8 bucks for a card is unreal.

They're mostly obsolete in that 90% of situations we previously would use a card has been replaced by email or text.

But that other 10% will remain. For special or formal occasions -- a nice hand written note or card goes a long way.

I haven't sent/received cards in at least 5 years. It's been all texts, facetime, or visit.

Costco sells a 30 pack of greeting cards for different occasions. Pretty good quality too. My wife loves the convenience of having them on hand. It's helped us out heading out the door to birthday parties more than once.

Hate them. What’s the appropriate amount of time before you can throw them away?

Personally, I am not a big fan of Big Hallmark. However, if my girlfriend and/or her family don't receive a card from me, there's hell to pay :ROFLMAO:

I still use them for work and on a personal basis. I think a hand-written note goes a long way and in business, if someone takes the time to write something to me, I remember it.

Back