Are You Captain Material?

So NorCal and SoCal, what do you think?

I think you have a good idea of captains for both sides! Some solid THP event and forum vets.

Little known fact about Mancest. He likes strawberry milkshakes and has been in some Epic THP events.

Incorrect JB, I LOVE strawberry milkshakes... but very close.

I do have experience in 3 EPIC THP events and will likely have an EPIC driver by the time this event comes around... While I haven't won any of the 3 events I was in (rough silver medal after my partner carried our butts to a decent score) I did captain Norcal to an unoffical victory against So Cal... I would be honored to do it again in Regional Rivalry, but there are some other damn good options from Northern California.

Incorrect JB, I LOVE strawberry milkshakes... but very close.

I do have experience in 3 EPIC THP events and will likely have an EPIC driver by the time this event comes around... While I haven't won any of the 3 events I was in (rough silver medal after my partner carried our butts to a decent score) I did captain Norcal to an unoffical victory against So Cal... I would be honored to do it again in Regional Rivalry, but there are some other damn good options from Northern California.
Who doesn't love strawberry milkshakes they may be one of the best things on the planet. Hope to see you add captain to your thp resume.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Little known fact about Mancest. He likes strawberry milkshakes and has been in some Epic THP events.
Is there such a thing as a non-Epic THP event? If there is/was, I surely haven't attended or followed it.

A Cali battle would be awesome to see. Lots of great THPers down there and lots of great courses where it battle could be done!

I have a choice for captain of so cal but there's a lot of great thpers that would no doubt love the opportunity to get a team victory and HOF tag for handing nor cal their at RR. Either way I'm ready to play as part of the team if chosen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my original post. Nothing has changed since.

I honestly don't know how I could best serve the team though. I've captained and played in the SCGA team events in the past. 2 years on the team and 1 as a captain. My match play record was much better when I just played. 9-3 vs 2-3. It's hard to be captain and then focus on your own match.

There are a lot of SoCalers that could take the reins though and bring home a victory.

I think so.
-I'm calm but VERY competitive.
-I'm out going enough.
-I usually gather my thoughts before making a statement.
-If it's a golf team, I have enough golf knowledge and experience to have some idea on strategy. I'm also undefeated (1-0) in unofficial THP gatherings as a captain thanks to SoCal. :)

In my professional life I was recently promoted to a management position. I think my new employees all respect me even though most of them have been with the company longer. I've learned its best to be honest and open with them for both the good and the bad.

I think that I would be a good captain. I coach three sports and have the natural ability to get my teams excited about playing and having fun. Oh yea and winning is a bonus.

I think that I would be a good captain. I coach three sports and have the natural ability to get my teams excited about playing and having fun. Oh yea and winning is a bonus.

I would second that and would love to play for you

Norcal vs Socal looking forward to seeing who the two captains are.

I would love the opportunity to be captain of the NorCal team. I am a branch manager for my work so I know how to work with, motivate, inspire, love and respect people. While this is will be a competitive round, that has some back story to it. The final score is not going to be the definitive result. The coming together of a region with two groups of people to celebrate a wonderful sport, sponsors and the best golf community on the internet is what this day will be all about.

With that being said. I want to win and I want a HOF tag.

A lot of us in the NorCal region has had the opportunity to pay a round or multiple rounds with each other. Every member is a high quality individual. I would be proud to be a part of their team.

I think I'd make a great captain for the Norcal/Socal RR event. I'm organized, I have a deep passion for the game and I think I'd do well planning out our strategy and matchups. The group of guys we have down here in the south are ready to get down and get this thing done. From a business standpoint, I'm in a position where I have to continually manage groups of employees and contractors (anywhere from 10-200 people on any given project.) I'm hands on, as well as managing, while maintaining a fun yet productive environment. I think my management skillset will do us well in this type of a team event.

Norcal is going down. :D

I would do anything to make sure everyone on a team I was captain of knew I had their back from the first shot to the last shot and beyond. There's nothing like a team event to bring out the best in people. Team so cal has plenty of choices for a captain and I'd be happy to follow any one of them into battle at RR

I'll have to go with "not ready to be a captain quite yet". Having never played in a competition I would like to dip my toes in first to witness first hand everything that goes into captains duties.

There are several guys from the Nor Cal side that I think would be great as captains and would play my heart out for each and every one of them.

Last edited:
I'll have to go with "not ready to be a captain quite yet". Having never played in a competition I would like to dip my toes in first to witness first hand everything that goes into captains duties.

There are several guys from the Nor Cal side that I think would be great as caltains and would play my heart out for each and every one of them.

I would be in the same boat as Adam. I've played in plenty of tourneys but never any offcial THP events and would want to get my feet wet before being the leader of the winning team.

Back