Are You Excited for the PGA Tour Restart?

Very excited! I love golf and I love the PGA! Such a bummer two events at Muirfield, but it will be no spectators

Yes, I will watch televised golf when it returns.

I am definitely pumped up for it to resume. Love having it on the garage while Iโ€™m working or inside while getting things done. Also, nothing better to watch for a bit and fall asleep too lol.

Are you more, less or the same in regards to the PGA Tour resuming play?
I would say "same" in that unless it is a major or other key event I don't watch much golf anymore. I got tired of all the attention on Tiger when he plays, at the expense of covering other golfers. When he is not playing, other than a shot here or there, the focus is only on a select few "name" players and/or the leaders. If you have a favorite playing in the tournament and he doesn't fall into that category then you won't see him at all.

I'm sure some of the older members here remember when golf coverage was limited to the last four holes, 15 through 18. It may have been only four holes but except for the early finishers you got to see a good portion of the field play through. That is how my generation got to know and recognize so many of the golfers of the time. Now, you see so little of many of the guys that you can't recognize them by sight or even their swing.

I am definitely pumped up for it to resume. Love having it on the garage while Iโ€™m working or inside while getting things done. Also, nothing better to watch for a bit and fall asleep too lol.
love those saturday/sunday naps! haha

I am just excited as it's a step toward a return to normalcy. Am I clearing the calendar to make sure I am tuned in? No.

Bring on the majors though!

I am excited just to get some live sports back on tv.

I am. Been funny for me since they have been airing tournaments from previous events and some I actually didnโ€™t remember who won so I could sort of pick a guy to cheer for without remembering the results. Excited for live golf to be back still!!!

Definitely ready to see some live golf.

Are you more, less or the same in regards to the PGA Tour resuming play?

very excited! it Will be interesting to me to see who struggles with fewer people out there

Im about as excited as usual. I think that we are all ready for some live sports but I honestly wont get excited until the majors start, although it wont be the same with The Open this year. Even still, 3 out of 4 majors aint bad.

Same as normal. Will be excited when the majors come along.

I am looking forward to it, but my wife is not excited about how much golf is about to be watched. :sneaky:

I am lukewarm to their opening. Glad for them but not worried about seeing it.

love those saturday/sunday naps! haha

Haha I know.. Nothing better. And I am sure you are doing it with the baby on your chest too. Amazing!

Absolutely, but I get excited for any golf. I canโ€™t wait for all sports to be back.

There is only so many Big Break and reruns of 2014 Colonial that I can watch so I am looking forward to golf restarting. I am also looking forward to fantasy golf restarting( I hope)!

Very excited! I love golf and I love the PGA! Such a bummer two events at Muirfield, but it will be no spectators

There are fans at the Memorial but none at the John Deere, correct?

There are fans at the Memorial but none at the John Deere, correct?
Based on this article tidbit...no for Deere and not likely Memorial, but maybe...

The PGA Tour announced Tuesday that it has found a replacement tournament for the canceled John Deere Classic: a full-field, open event that will be held without fans July 9-12, a week before The Memorial Tournament.

Workday has agreed to title sponsor the first event at Muirfield Village, which will feature a 156-player field. It is currently unclear what role Memorial host Jack Nicklaus will have with the Workday event.

The Memorial will still be played the following week, with its traditional 120-player invitational field. To be determined is whether that event will allow fans.

Back