Are you more inclined to buy if the seller offers "free" shipping?

I have items in my cart right now at several places that I won't pull the trigger on because I won't pay for shipping (Even if it is just $7 or $8). It knocks the price of the item that I want to buy to a price that I don't want to buy it at. I'm waiting for a coupon code lol.

I’ve never shipped to Canada before and I had an interested buyer for a set of clubs I had for sell and I was quoted 60ish bucks to ship it through usps.

I thought that was a lot of money. Buyer never responded back to pursue it.

Is that a lot or is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I buy items from an individual I think shipping to Canada is quite reasonable...maybe 10-20 more than shipping to the USA.

If I buy from an online store shipping to Canada is awful. Some places charge $60 USD for just a headcover. A set of irons is usually around $100. I think the included brokerage fee is what drives the price but I couldn't say for sure.

Shipping from Canada is also awful. For me to ship a putter to California, 3 days, Insured is usually around $80-$100.

If I buy items from an individual I think shipping to Canada is quite reasonable...maybe 10-20 more than shipping to the USA.

If I buy from an online store shipping to Canada is awful. Some places charge $60 USD for just a headcover. A set of irons is usually around $100. I think the included brokerage fee is what drives the price but I couldn't say for sure.

Shipping from Canada is also awful. For me to ship a putter to California, 3 days, Insured is usually around $80-$100.

That’s crazy! I heard some Canadians would have something shipped near the us borders and they would just cross over if they live close enough to pick it up to save money.

Funny I’m in Ohio and the guy was right across Lake Erie from me and 60 bucks was a lot of money to go such a short distance to Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. I generally look at total cost when I buy something, but if it's something I feel might have a chance of being returned, I go with the free shipping. They don't refund shipping cost. So you could pay 50 bucks with free shipping or 30 bucks with $15 shipping. A difference of 20 bucks if you return it.

Back