Arizona THP Golf League

Hello fellow AZ THP members......Chris will be updating the main page for July 2021 event, and Brian should have the April date pinned down soon. 2021 is shaping up to be an amazing calendar, and it looks like Sedona next year will fall into August again, but it looks like 36 holes will be played. This leaves us with June, September and October dates left. And one of those months will more than likely be in play for the regional call out event. We Ko Pa cannot come soon enough.

Wonder if I could convince my wife to move out there. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun on some nice courses.

Wonder if I could convince my wife to move out there. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun on some nice courses.
I have my wife talked into it, :rockon: But, need to wait until we retire.:wtf:

A big reason we started the league was get us traveling the state to play all of the great courses we have here.

We are currently accepting applications. Prerequisites are few: Be an Albatross member (check for you), be willing and ready to have fun, pay your yearly league dues ($50.00 which also covers your GHIN handicap services) and show up for the events that work for you. That's it!

Now we just have to convince the wife that re-locating is the right move. (y);)

We are currently accepting applications. Prerequisites are few: Be an Albatross member (check for you), be willing and ready to have fun, pay your yearly league dues ($50.00 which also covers your GHIN handicap services) and show up for the events that work for you. That's it!

Now we just have to convince the wife that re-locating is the right move. (y);)
Set me up with a job out there and it just might work lol.
Funny thing is, our realtor stopped by today and said she could sell our house for $60000 more than we paid for it 3 months ago.

Set me up with a job out there and it just might work lol.
Funny thing is, our realtor stopped by today and said she could sell our house for $60000 more than we paid for it 3 months ago.
What do you do for a living?

Right now I write service for a Mercedes dealership. Trying/wanting to get out of the automotive industry into some kind of outside sales position.

Right now I write service for a Mercedes dealership. Trying/wanting to get out of the automotive industry into some kind of outside sales position.
How do you feel about selling alcohol?

How do you feel about selling alcohol?
If it pays at least what I’m making now I’m open to options. Definitely need the work/life balance though.

If it pays at least what I’m making now I’m open to options. Definitely need the work/life balance though.
My wife's company typically has a few sales rep positions available. Base salary usually isn't impressive but you make all your money on incentives in that biz. Most of the positions are in the Phoenix area. If it's something you'd like to take a peek at (even if just for sh!ts and giggles), I'll ask my wife what they have posted (all interviews are virtual right now, anyway, so current location is pretty irrelevant).

Mench,

You would just **** yourself at all the golf there is out here. I mean Phx just has a crazy amount of courses, then you add the northern mountain courses, and Southern AZ, its just a blast to play in this league and get to experience all the great courses throughout the state.

Please add me for March and May also.

I’m already missing Sedona :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello fellow AZ THP members......Chris will be updating the main page for July 2021 event, and Brian should have the April date pinned down soon. 2021 is shaping up to be an amazing calendar, and it looks like Sedona next year will fall into August again, but it looks like 36 holes will be played. This leaves us with June, September and October dates left. And one of those months will more than likely be in play for the regional call out event. We Ko Pa cannot come soon enough.

I played We Ko Pa Saguaro on Thursday, September 3. It is in amazing shape and not easy......

I have 20 players signed up for We Ko Pa for 9/20 and 24 spots available. Any one else want in?

I'm so excited to play this course and tee it up with you guys!

Saguaro is an interesting course on what tees to play.

saguaro-scorecard-front-740x416-1.jpg

1599669608967.png

Normally I play the purple and they are stout. With the amount of desert you can get into I am not sure that is the right tee box for a league where this is the first time some folks are going to play. The issue with the whites is that 2, 7, and 16 are now under 300 yds. 2 is drivable, 7 is uphill and partially blind so hard to drive. I have driven 10 the last 2 times I have played whites because it is downhill. 16 I have put into the front right bunker even though it is uphill. I think overall white is the correct answer and maybe have some side action on closest in 2 on either 2 or 10.

Saguaro is an interesting course on what tees to play.

View attachment 8962628

View attachment 8962629

Normally I play the purple and they are stout. With the amount of desert you can get into I am not sure that is the right tee box for a league where this is the first time some folks are going to play. The issue with the whites is that 2, 7, and 16 are now under 300 yds. 2 is drivable, 7 is uphill and partially blind so hard to drive. I have driven 10 the last 2 times I have played whites because it is downhill. 16 I have put into the front right bunker even though it is uphill. I think overall white is the correct answer and maybe have some side action on closest in 2 on either 2 or 10.

100% agree with whites being the right choice.

I wish that all scorecards would have a tee box recommendation based on handicap. I bet the average handicap of the 20 people currently going has to be around 15 and I would tend to think the white tees would be best for the group.

Back