Arm sleeves for sun protection?

TMNTHacker;n8898036 said:
Interesting to see opinions here. I am still considering the Nike Solar arm sleeves for full sun days. One thing that concerns me is how well they stay in place. Do any of you find it rolls down after a few swings?

The fairly affordable "Eclipse" brand ones from Amazon will stay up just fine on my average-sized arms when they are new. After about 40-50 wearings they get stretched out a bit and I might have to tuck one arm or the other back up under my shirt sleeve occasionally.

I get close to 100 wearings out of a pair but by that point they're pretty faded looking and stretched out enough they are starting to ride down from the top at some point during most rounds.

Let me add, even when they're just about worn out they don't actually ride down very far from the top. Maybe three or four inches. But I like short-sleeve shirts with the really short sleeves so I need the sun sleeves tucked up almost to my armpits. If you wear shirts that cover your bicep, I'd say they will definitely stay up that far no matter what.

I wear the Nike sleeves. Doesn't impact my performance and keeps the sun off my fair skin.

Et Tu Brute?;n8898086 said:
The fairly affordable "Eclipse" brand ones from Amazon will stay up just fine on my average-sized arms when they are new. After about 40-50 wearings they get stretched out a bit and I might have to tuck one arm or the other back up under my shirt sleeve occasionally.

I get close to 100 wearings out of a pair but by that point they're pretty faded looking and stretched out enough they are starting to ride down from the top at some point during most rounds.

Let me add, even when they're just about worn out they don't actually ride down very far from the top. Maybe three or four inches. But I like short-sleeve shirts with the really short sleeves so I need the sun sleeves tucked up almost to my armpits. If you wear shirts that cover your bicep, I'd say they will definitely stay up that far no matter what.

But I'm a Nike snob :nike::thumb::nike:

Back