Arrcos vs Game Golf???

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have experience with either or both systems? I currently use golf shot GPS , but was considering moving to one of these.

I have 8 rounds logged on my Arccos unit and have nothing but good things to say about it. It a breeze to setup and the use on the course is simple as well. I also use it as my GPS to get distances I can't laser which has been really handy. If you have an iPhone it's definitely worth a look. I paid about same as what Game Golf cost for mine so it was an easy decision for me between the two.

Based upon other reviews I went with the Game Golf. Unless it has changed the Arrcos is still only iPhone supported isn't it?

Based upon other reviews I went with the Game Golf. Unless it has changed the Arrcos is still only iPhone supported isn't it?

Yes, only IPhone so far.

G'day from Australia all!!

I have also been tempted to look in at getting Game Golf, but at $280us, it's a bit pricey. I use Golf Pad GPS and checked their site randomly the other day and noticed they are also doing the pins in the clubs that Game Golf have got, and you use your phones NFC to record clubs. Best part? Game Golf is FREE and the tabs are only $99!!

https://www.golfpadgps.com/

I have a game golf and love it. I dislike things in my pockets while playing, and the GG clips on my belt. Incorporating tapping the unit into my pre-shot was not as hard as people in the other GG vs arrcos thread were saying. My gripes with the GG are the following: needed to move a couple of shots post-round prior to finalizing the card on the computer; a couple of times I found myself accidentally tagging because the NFC field is a bit larger than advertised (can be near the tag without touching and activate the tagging).

G'day from Australia all!!

I have also been tempted to look in at getting Game Golf, but at $280us, it's a bit pricey. I use Golf Pad GPS and checked their site randomly the other day and noticed they are also doing the pins in the clubs that Game Golf have got, and you use your phones NFC to record clubs. Best part? Game Golf is FREE and the tabs are only $99!!

https://www.golfpadgps.com/

This is interesting. Is this ok to play in tournaments as I was leaning toward the Arrcos put you cant use it in tournament play.

I should note - I am an apple guy - so it's iPhone for me. I appreciate the feedback. I may give GG a shot as its s lower price point and better than keeping my phone in my pocket. I am just concerned about wearing something I'm not used to - same concern with keeping my phone on me. I like to play with my pockets as empty as possible. Maybe I should wait and see if Arrcos will work with the apple watch....

The GG unit is pretty unobtrusive in feel, if not in sight. Where I had it on my belt I didn't notice it at all (other than the couple of unintentional tags).

3cf70b72362afd512deb95300321fefb.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks for the input!

Golf pad sure sounds interesting at the right price point

Good feedback in here, debating on which system to go with as I'd like to commit to one of them for 2015, leaning Arrcos at the moment

I decided to give Arrcos a shot. I spent some time with my phone in my pocket and I was happy with it not annoying me in my swing. It's on my wish list to get - so hopefully I will have a post purchase thought on it reasonably soon. Thanks for all the great input!!!

Congrats on the purchase! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I have enjoyed Arccos for the past two months and learned tons about my game.

Hey - does anyone know if GolfPad tags can do NFC with a watch? I'd be in if it did but the idea of carrying my cellphone in my pocket to tap the club is a non-starter. If I could NFC tap the club to my watch, I'm in at $99.

Hey - does anyone know if GolfPad tags can do NFC with a watch? I'd be in if it did but the idea of carrying my cellphone in my pocket to tap the club is a non-starter. If I could NFC tap the club to my watch, I'm in at $99.
Email them and ask.

I shot them an e-mail about iPhone support (doesn't work at all, Apple hasn't opened the NFC APIs) and they replied very quickly.

You still need the phone in your pocket. the phone will broadcast to your watch, but it'll also say the gps numbers like front/middle/back of green.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on Arccos. It's $50 off on Amazon if you have a Prime account.

I was a sent the Game Golf unit a few months ago so I'll stick with it. Both have solid features so you can't lose.

Has anyone used Arccos with an iphone without cell service? They told me i dont need one with service just one with working gps and wifi 4s or newer. I have an old iphone so thinking of buying this system. Is it worth while?

Has anyone used Arccos with an iphone without cell service? They told me i dont need one with service just one with working gps and wifi 4s or newer. I have an old iphone so thinking of buying this system. Is it worth while?

That way will work. Don't forget to download the course using WiFI before you head out to the course. I have been using Arccos since Dec of last year and feel it's the best investment for my game I have made this season.

The GG unit is pretty unobtrusive in feel, if not in sight. Where I had it on my belt I didn't notice it at all (other than the couple of unintentional tags).

3cf70b72362afd512deb95300321fefb.jpg

OMG are those jeans!!! ... :brb:

I got the Arccos today and traded an ipod i dont use anymore for an iphone 5, gonna take it out tomorrow...cant wait

Back