ANNOUNCEMENT Ask Callaway Anything: Tour Gear, Equipment, Live From the Byron Nelson

1: coolest putter on tour?

2: I have fallen in love with the Rogue ST Pro irons this year. I’ve seen a few in bags of tour/better players. What makes the iron so great, and what is drawing some of those more elite guys to it

Bumping this. I need to hear about some putter love o_O:love:🌀

Bumping this. I need to hear about some putter love o_O:love:🌀

OG #7 is the post popular

The Rogue ST Pro irons work because they perform like Apex 21 but live in a players profile…ant they spin!!

If you had to guess, how many shots per round do pros save by having their equipment fine tuned to match their needs/wants?

Hard to quantify as most have been in properly fit clubs for years.

Absolutely love going through this thread and hearing your perspective @JohnnyCallaway - I appreciate you doing this!

1) If you had to say, what is your favorite and least favorite thing about working in the golf industry as a whole?
2) What was the thing that took you by surprise the most when you were first breaking into the industry?
3) If you can put your finger on it, what do you think might be the biggest misconception amateur golfers have about tour golf?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Absolutely love going through this thread and hearing you perspective @JohnnyCallaway - I appreciate you doing this!

1) If you had to say, what is your favorite and least favorite thing about working in the golf industry as a whole?
2) What was the thing that took you by surprise the most when you were first breaking into the industry?
3) If you can put your finger on it, what do you think might be the biggest misconception amateur golfers have about tour golf?

Thanks again!

1) Favorite is the people, the interaction and the passion. Least favorite is…..well it’s golf lol. There’s literally nothing to complain about lol

2) I was surprised at how my life experience helped me succeed in this industry quite quickly, that coupled with my insane obsession with it showed me that I was born to do what I’m doing. My dad said when you find YOUR lane, nothing is slow. It’s all green lights if you pay attention.

3) There are many but I don’t think the average golfer truly understands 1) How insanely good these players are…all of them 2) How HARD it is to make it here. Not just playing, anywhere out here. Everyone at a Tour event worked their ASSES off to get there.

Is it unusual to be fit (online) into a regular flex in irons and wedges and stiff flex in wood and hybrids?

3 different online fitting tools fit me into that with all shafts being graphite.

Ever see the original Big Bertha in the Bobby Jones style? It was an interesting driver too. I really liked it because it had a super deep face.
I remember it being smaller than the Big Bertha.

I remember it being smaller than the Big Bertha.
Yes smaller front to back, but taller than the regular face. The regular face was maybe an inch from top to bottom and this one was like an inch and 3/8 top to bottom on the face. Kind of like an Xhot 3 wood.

I was about to come in here and ask why KH Lee uses a Triple Trackish mark on his ball and why he doesn’t use an actual TT. Then I looked at the PGA leaderboard and see he uses a Titleist!

@JohnnyCallaway Any chance of getting him into the CSX TT?

Back