At what distance do you begin to pin hunt

I'm still consider myself very much a beginner, but I try to put myself in a position to make a decent approach.

When I was very new to the game I just tried to get the ball down the fairway. Now I find myself trying to hit spots to set up my final approach shot. If I am within iron range, I'll go for the green.

I am actually going to change myself and quit pin hunting when pins are tucked 4-5 feet from edges and give myself some wiggle room and aim 10 feet to right/left long/short. Twice the other day I had pin seeking distances that barely missed my mark and had impossible up/downs that cost me 2 shots. WE'll see how this goes

Oh about 3 ft lol

What is pin hunting it's a term I am unfamiliar with?

a 155 yrd par 3 yesterday with a left pin. I aimed center and it went left and to 4 feet and I made the bird putt. I feel had a aimed for the lin I would have been in the left side bunker or down the left side hill from the elevated green. So really still pays imo to play center or safe area from yardages such as that at least for me.

I'm at 13.5 currently and these days I'm generally shooting for the center of the green. I'm averaging 1.9 putts over 149 rounds in the past two years so I'm not too worried about giving up strokes with the putter.

I'm not pin hunting at this point. I'm only averaging 2 GIRs per round right now so I don't think pin hunting is a great idea for me (yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back