I have no idea if I would have the same results by using an “A” shaft, but my Autoflex shaft has been the best golf equipment purchase of the last couple of years. It flat out works for me. I love how it feels. I think that I have picked up around 5 or so yards, not huge, but what it has done is allow me to hit good drives all the way through the round, without feeling like it is becoming more difficult to swing as the round nears its end. I play on some courses that have a lot of elevation change and I walk. Prior to having this shaft, it felt a bit difficult to put a good swing on the ball with driver on the last couple of holes, but I don’t feel that way now.

Last edited:
I have no idea if I would have the same results by using an “A” shaft, but my Autoflex shaft has been the best golf equipment purchase of the last couple of years. It flat out works for me. I love how it feels. I think that I have picked up around 5 or so yards, not huge, but what it has done is allow me to hit good drives all the way through the round, without feeling like it is becoming more difficult to swing as the round nears its end. I play on some courses that have a lot of elevation change and I walk. Prior to having this shaft, if felt a bit difficult to put a good swing on the ball with driver on the last couple of holes, but I don’t feel that way now.
That’s awesome if it works.

Doesn't work for everyone -- but paying $900 to see if it works, that's up to you.

Doesn't work for everyone -- but paying $900 to see if it works, that's up to you.
It’s possible to get fit, you know.

I have no idea if I would have the same results by using an “A” shaft, but my Autoflex shaft has been the best golf equipment purchase of the last couple of years. It flat out works for me. I love how it feels. I think that I have picked up around 5 or so yards, not huge, but what it has done is allow me to hit good drives all the way through the round, without feeling like it is becoming more difficult to swing as the round nears its end. I play on some courses that have a lot of elevation change and I walk. Prior to having this shaft, it felt a bit difficult to put a good swing on the ball with driver on the last couple of holes, but I don’t feel that way now.

Out of curiosity what other shafts have worked well for you?

Out of curiosity what other shafts have worked well for you?
The last couple years, the Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Pro White 50 Stiff has been a really good fit. I think what has worked for me is a lighter shaft that is still lower spin. Over the years, the Graphite Design Tour AD TP 60 Stiff has been a great shaft for me. The Hzrdus Silver that came out this year has also been a really good fit.

I believe I saw that Autoflex has iron shafts now as well.

That would be an expensive set of irons.
No kidding. I don’t think that I would like them in iron shafts. To me, the feeling of the shaft loading as much as it does would mess with my mind on clubs that strike down into the ground and take divots. A driver swing is much different.

I believe I saw that Autoflex has iron shafts now as well.
Iron shafts and fairway wood shafts. They have the entire lineup, although I would have no interest in any of the offerings other than driver.

It seems like they would be a good fit for fairway woods and hybrid shafts as they are typically higher launching.

Back