Brianbigoats

Reaction score
Handicap
I think i had a bad batch of epoxy i have glued 3 driver shafts with it and the all seem to make a cracking noise when i twist the head has anybody else seen this before i think i am going to throw out reaming tube and get some new stuff

I think i had a bad batch of epoxy i have glued 3 driver shafts with it and the all seem to make a cracking noise when i twist the head has anybody else seen this before i think i am going to throw out reaming tube and get some new stuff

I think it can go bad over time. I normally buy new every couple of years.

What kind of epoxy are you using (24-hour/Quick-set/Tour-set)? I think if you are using the faster setting types, the creaking is common. I think I read somewhere that it is due to tiny air bubbles getting trapped in the epoxy as it sets. The 24-hour gives the bubbles a chance to work their way out before the epoxy cures. If this is indeed the case, the creaking will go away and the integrity of the bond will not be compromised. If you are not in a hurry to use the club I would always suggest the 24-hour variety, but that is just my 2 cents.

What kind of epoxy are you using (24-hour/Quick-set/Tour-set)? I think if you are using the faster setting types, the creaking is common. I think I read somewhere that it is due to tiny air bubbles getting trapped in the epoxy as it sets. The 24-hour gives the bubbles a chance to work their way out before the epoxy cures. If this is indeed the case, the creaking will go away and the integrity of the bond will not be compromised. If you are not in a hurry to use the club I would always suggest the 24-hour variety, but that is just my 2 cents.

I agree. I've always used longer cure time epoxy.

I always use the 24 hr stuff i should get some new stuff today and will pull and try again

Back