Bag Boy Championship Pre Event Travel and Play

ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know I’m considering coming in early depending on the game schedule for the UT softball season tickets we just got. Will know more soon.

I threw it in the other thread as well - but I'm up in the air and debating whether it's going to be a Friday, play Saturday kind of thing or try to get in early on Saturday and get a round in with you guys.

With all of the stuff going on right now I probably won't know for a bit but I'm absolutely and 100% open to playing an early round or worst case meeting up after.

Can you remind everyone where geographically that the rounds will occur?

Virginia'ish area. Give or take.
If anyone is driving through SW Ohio I am more than willing to drop everything and meet up for a round, coffee, lunch, wave from the expressway, whatever.

If anyone is driving through SW Ohio I am more than willing to drop everything and meet up for a round, coffee, lunch, wave from the expressway, whatever.
@lambeau was maybe debating it and I thought about it but it's over 1000 miles for me and frankly, I think it'll be cheaper to fly.

I'm still debating, but it's just a long drive so I'm nearly positive I will be flying.

@lambeau was maybe debating it and I thought about it but it's over 1000 miles for me and frankly, I think it'll be cheaper to fly.

I'm still debating, but it's just a long drive so I'm nearly positive I will be flying.
Yeah that's a long drive. For the first Victory Cup I drove around 850 to Sawgrass and was regretting it on the way home.

I’m at 4.5 hour drive so I’ll be driving. Hoping to come in early with some of the others, and if I do I can pick up a couple. I have a covered bed on my gladiator.

Yeah that's a long drive. For the first Victory Cup I drove around 850 to Sawgrass and was regretting it on the way home.
That's my deal / fear. There isn't that bad, but all the way home would be a rough one.

Driving was fun on the way there and absolutely horrid in the way back. I’m flying in this year. Almost bought tickets yesterday

Driving was fun on the way there and absolutely horrid in the way back. I’m flying in this year. Almost bought tickets yesterday
I remember last year thinking I should have driven, but then I'm glad I didn't. Had time to sneak in almost a full round with a great crew, and still got home around midnight.

I remember last year thinking I should have driven, but then I'm glad I didn't. Had time to sneak in almost a full round with a great crew, and still got home around midnight.
Yeah I’m flying out the day after the event is over so we can hopefully do that again!

I took the day after the event off so I can stay as long as possible. Especially after seeing some of yall did that.

Yeah I’m flying out the day after the event is over so we can hopefully do that again!
For anyone who can fly out later...this after lunch round was a complete blast and a perfect end to the experience.

For anyone who can fly out later...this after lunch round was a complete blast and a perfect end to the experience.
I’m down. Worst case I drive a couple hours, stop for a nap and then finish. At 4.5 hours it won’t be terrible.

Looking at flights and I think I’ll probably fly out the day after so I’d possibly be down for a round after lunch. Lots of things up in the air currently so won’t know for another month or so on my flights

The Pete Dye course at VT was a treat (don't listen to the other haters from this year) and Poplar Grove was really fun. The Roanoke area is really a beautiful part of the country! And don't forget the karaoke in downtown Roanoke, though the name of the bar is a little fuzzy, I must admit.

Honestly, that was one of my highlights last year. Just the very quick round afterwards as like a 6-some was incredible!

Honestly, that was one of my highlights last year. Just the very quick round afterwards as like a 6-some was incredible!
You almost getting a HIO with my TCBs was pretty insane!!

I'm going to make a week or so if it is all I know. Everything else is up in the air and open.

You almost getting a HIO with my TCBs was pretty insane!!

@xThor holing out for eagle on 8 was awesome too... at least I'm almost certain that he did, right?

That round started small and quickly expanded.

Back