Bag Boy Nitron Damaging Bag

jpetermann

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else have the top-lock system rip/gouge you bag on the Nitron Push Cart? I love the cart, but it has ripped the sides of my Sun Mountain Sync bag that lean on the top-lock. I cannot imagine there is much I can do about it. For now I put a towel there for the bag to rest on. But I am about to go back to a Clicgear... or I may just get a bag made for the top-lock feature.

Any thoughts?

Anyone else have this issue?

here is one side. Some residue left from tape

04C718C4-BEA3-4302-B552-6CA80FF74475.jpeg

Last edited:
If you could post some pictures, it might help get some responses.

Go for the Top Lock bag, either Bag Boy or Datrek. Love my Lite Rider Pro.

I was trying to figure out what a ruining bag was.

I just got a Compact 3, which is pretty similar in design to the Nitron, along with a Ping Pioneer cart bag. I haven’t played with them yet, but the bag has tougher, almost rubberized, fabric where it rests against the cart. I don’t expect to have any problems with ripped fabric. A bag with a feature like that might be another option to purse versus a new cart or a top lock bag.

Edit: Had them next to me, so I took a picture.

BE1B81FE-AF63-4279-A2D4-87EA586FADC1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a Bag Boy push cart now and my next bag with either be Datrek or Bag Boy to utilize their Top Lok feature. Bummer to hear it’s destroying your SM.

Anyone else have the top-lock system rip/gouge you bag on the Nitron Push Cart? I love the cart, but it has ripped the sides of my Sun Mountain Sync bag that lean on the top-lock. I cannot imagine there is much I can do about it. For now I put a towel there for the bag to rest on. But I am about to go back to a Clicgear... or I may just get a bag made for the top-lock feature.

Any thoughts?

Anyone else have this issue?
The BagBoy carts work great with the bags that also have it. Either BagBoy or Datrek.

i can see how the inserts might press on the wrong places of the sync bag if it was strapped down hard. I put my old Cleveland bag on my Nitron and liked the fit. However, I have a Bagboy bag that is my #1 bag and it is the real deal with the Nitron. upper strap never used and the lower strap I used but for no real reason.

Pic added

I have the same SM Sync bag, and picked up a Nitron cart today, to replace my rickety SM Reflex.

I believe you are not using the Nitron correctly, based on your photos, and how I’ve set mine up. If you flip the bag supports the other way, the bag will be supported by them, rather than the sharp corners of the BagLock cleats. The supports I’m referring to have the bungee cords on them for non-BagBoy bags.

I’m playing with this cart for the first time tomorrow, and will try to remember to snap a photo showing my Sync bag sitting well clear of the cleats.

I hope it meets my expectations! It was between the BB and the Clic 4. I liked too many features on the BB better than what the others offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same SM Sync bag, and picked up a Nitron cart today, to replace my rickety SM Reflex.

I believe you are not using the Nitron correctly, based on your photos, and how I’ve set mine up. If you flip the bag supports the other way, the bag will be supported by them, rather than the sharp corners of the BagLock cleats. The supports I’m referring to have the bungee cords on them for non-BagBoy bags.

I’m playing with this cart for the first time tomorrow, and will try to remember to snap a photo showing my Sync bag sitting well clear of the cleats.

I hope it meets my expectations! It was between the BB and the Clic 4. I liked too many features on the BB better than what the others offer.

this never crossed my mind but you may be right. If you have a bagboy bag on the nitron you not only don't use those cleats you really never even look at them to see what they do or why they are there.

this never crossed my mind but you may be right. If you have a bagboy bag on the nitron you not only don't use those cleats you really never even look at them to see what they do or why they are there.

Yup. If you don’t need them, they’re just those dumb useless things that the bungees are dangling from. Flip them “in”, and they should cradle your regular bag nicely.

Forgot to snap a photo, but the OP may be on to something. While my Sync bag appeared to be a great fit at first, it would be better if the lower support foot was an inch lower, or the upper bag cradle was an inch higher. The cradles do rest in a potentially weak spot.

Time will tell, but I loved every other aspect of this cart today. Other than the ball cups inside. They kind of suck, as they don’t really hold the balls well. You’re not gonna lose them, but they may be rolling around in the tray...

I have the Bagboy Quad with Toplock along with the Sunmoutain Sync. I’ve had no issues with wear. Using it right way the flippers turned in. Sometimes I use my Titleist standbag and the legs fit perfectly within the notches making the straps unnecessary. Nice bonus.

I have had 2 SM H2No cart bags damaged on a different cart but in my opinion it is a design flaw in SM bag. There are steel or metal rods in my bag that run up the back on either side and the rubber bumpers don’t go high enough leaving a gap of just thin fabric resting on push cart. In both cases, the “rubbing” tore the fabric within a round or 2 before I noticed. I have tried multiple solutions and just live with it.....no one other than myself knows there are holes but irks me since the bags were not cheap. No more SM’s in my future ☹️.

Back