Bag Boy Volt Electric Cart

Weight is a big deal to me as well
At 28# this one is 3-5 lbs lighter than most competitors.
Ipgrade the battery size that may be equal.
I’ll read further to find out holes per charge. 18- 36 holes. Charging requirement (pull the battery or mounted)
1400 is a great price considering what someone might pay annually to ride.
So much more enjoyable to walk.
Yes! I would love to put this cart on course!
Pair this with the proper bag, pure gold.

I ordered one today from BagBoy. Tough decision because my MGI Navigator AT is running great, but was able to sell it to a friend so that helps ease the $$ pain. I have been pondering this cart ever since JB and the Forum started discussing it. I play 3 times per week so it will get a good evaluation.

I ordered one today from BagBoy. Tough decision because my MGI Navigator AT is running great, but was able to sell it to a friend so that helps ease the $$ pain. I have been pondering this cart ever since JB and the Forum started discussing it. I play 3 times per week so it will get a good evaluation.
Can’t wait to hear about it!

Hey guys! Wanted to clear a few things up - all the accessories we sell on our website, with the exception of the two carry bags, are able to be used with the Volt! Here's a link if you want to check that out: https://www.dynamicbrands.com/collections/bag-boy/Push-Cart-Accessories

We've been pretty active in the Volt discussion forum on THP so if you have any more questions, you can find us there: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/bag-boy-volt-electric-cart.8948721/

Thanks for all the love on the cart! We're pumped to get feedback like this
It looks like the seat is sold out on your website. Amazon has what looks to be the same BagBoy seat in stock. Can you confirm if the Amazon cart is the same and will fit the Volt? I have a Volt coming and would l8ke to get the seat. Thanks.

Stopped by a really small local golf shop here (space is maybe 50x25 packed wall to wall with stuff and surprisingly even a hitting bay) and got to briefly play around with the Volt. This thing is pretty darn compact when folded up and I immediately noticed the lighter weight once I picked it up. No doubt this is going to be a popular pickup. I talked to the store owner and he said they’ve been selling a bunch in the first week of having it.

I bought one today and I must be stupid, I don't see a scorecard holder.

I bought one today and I must be stupid, I don't see a scorecard holder.
See photo below for storage location. From Volt webpage.

IMG_2467.jpeg

Must Have Want GIF by MOODMAN

Got my first look at the Volt and I like it.

First it looks good and I really didn't notice a difference in weight without the battery and using as a pushcart.

1000012615.jpg

I then started to play around with it and found the scorecard holder.

1000012616.jpg

Next there was a Nitron right next to it so I had to see how the size compared. The Volt has a smaller wheelbase to the Nitron.

1000012617.jpg

1000012618.jpg

I then figured out how to fold and unfold the Volt, pretty simple. Not as fast as the Nitron but faster than my old Clicgear and way faster than my Nitron with Alphard wheels. There is a lock for the swivel wheel and the wheelie bar is pretty easy to deploy as well. The Volt folds up a little larger than the Nitron but there are motors and stuff in there so I can forgive that. It is still pretty compact. The front wheel can come off the Volt as well if you want it to be a little smaller. That is nice but something I would probably never do on purpose.

1000012619.jpg

Verdict - I would still get it after seeing it in person. I am not rushing to sell my old setup to get into this but it is a great way to get into walking.

Questions - There was a ZTF bag on display as I was playing around with the cart. One of the sales guy asked me if I knew what I was doing as he had no idea what this cart was. lol. I went over some stuff with him and grabbed the ZTF bag to show him the Top Lok in action. It was some work to get the bag in both the Nitron and Volt. Just wondering if something changed there or if I was just being to delicate with expensive stuff that I don't own.

Also when using as a regular push cart is there a brake? I couldn't see something obvious but I was only messing around with it for a couple of minutes.

First it looks good and I really didn't notice a difference in weight without the battery and using as a pushcart.

View attachment 9240949

View attachment 9240950

Next there was a Nitron right next to it so I had to see how the size compared. The Volt has a smaller wheelbase to the Nitron.

View attachment 9240951

View attachment 9240952

I then figured out how to fold and unfold the Volt, pretty simple. Not as fast as the Nitron but faster than my old Clicgear and way faster than my Nitron with Alphard wheels. There is a lock for the swivel wheel and the wheelie bar is pretty easy to deploy as well. The Volt folds up a little larger than the Nitron but there are motors and stuff in there so I can forgive that. It is still pretty compact. The front wheel can come off the Volt as well if you want it to be a little smaller. That is nice but something I would probably never do on purpose.

View attachment 9240953

Verdict - I would still get it after seeing it in person. I am not rushing to sell my old setup to get into this but it is a great way to get into walking.

Questions - There was a ZTF bag on display as I was playing around with the cart. One of the sales guy asked me if I knew what I was doing as he had no idea what this cart was. lol. I went over some stuff with him and grabbed the ZTF bag to show him the Top Lok in action. It was some work to get the bag in both the Nitron and Volt. Just wondering if something changed there or if I was just being to delicate with expensive stuff that I don't own.

Also when using as a regular push cart is there a brake? I couldn't see something obvious but I was only messing around with it for a couple of minutes.
Great input, thanks. Mine is in transit from BagBoy.

These look so darn good! On my must drool list. Very nice looking all around and the initial impressions seem to be really good so far

View attachment 9240949

View attachment 9240950

View attachment 9240951

View attachment 9240952

View attachment 9240953

Hi there! Glad you had the chance to check out the Volt in person.

The Volt does have Top-Lok! I'm assuming the reason it may not have gone on so easily was because you were being extra careful in the store 😉

When using the Volt as a regular push cart, it doesn't have a brake. I hope that helps!

It looks like the seat is sold out on your website. Amazon has what looks to be the same BagBoy seat in stock. Can you confirm if the Amazon cart is the same and will fit the Volt? I have a Volt coming and would l8ke to get the seat. Thanks.
Good morning! While the cart seat is currently sold out, they should be back in stock very shortly! I would say you should see them on our site this week or next week.

@echico what was your impression on the robustness of the lid?

I'm torn about that part of the design. On the one hand having the scorecard clip on the underside helps in the rain. On the other hand I'm concerned that writing there over time could snap the hinges.

@echico what was your impression on the robustness of the lid?

I'm torn about that part of the design. On the one hand having the scorecard clip on the underside helps in the rain. On the other hand I'm concerned that writing there over time could snap the hinges.
I have never used the scorecard feature on my Nitron. I always have my own scorecard holder in my back pocket when walking so I use that instead. I can write my score and stats while I am waiting for everyone else to make their putts.

That's funny

Paige is happy with it.

Unboxed my Volt a few hours ago and the batteries are charging. The manual is pretty straightforward but not very detailed. Minor surprise is there is no belt clip on the remote like the MGI. I am used to hanging it on my back pocket. I am sure it will take some time to adapt. I ordered a seat that is due in tomorrow. Should be fun.

@JB or others who are familiar with both, other than the weight, why would somebody want a Volt over an MGI Zip Navigator?

Also, does this cart have the gyroscope-type mechanism that holds it back on downhill inclines?

Back