Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
My home course is littered with hazards, and as a result, I find a lot of golf balls. It's been years since I have purchased any. Do you have a ball stash? If so, how many?

This is what I currently have on hand:

ProV1x: 41 dozen + 9 = 501
ProV1: 15 dozen + 6 = 186
Prem: 6 dozen + 1 = 73
Other: 24 dozen + 15 = 309

89 = 1069

I would occasionally look for balls after I played a round of golf. I doubt I will do it this season, as I appear to have enough.

My home course has well manicured woods so there are not a lot of places to find balls. Most of the ones I find are just out in the open. I generally find 1 for every 1 I lose, but I play ProV1's and I find everything under the sun. I have a 5 gallon bucket of balls for my son to use and for me to treat as range balls if I ever want to go out and work on one specific shot or club.

My non bucket stash is about 3 dozen non Titleist premium urethane balls. 2 dozen found Titleist premium balls. 2 dozen unopened Pro V1's, 1 dozen -ProV1X, 1 dozen ProV1X, and 1 dozen AVX. I also have 1 dozen TP5 Practice balls.

My home course has well manicured woods so there are not a lot of places to find balls. Most of the ones I find are just out in the open. I generally find 1 for every 1 I lose, but I play ProV1's and I find everything under the sun. I have a 5 gallon bucket of balls for my son to use and for me to treat as range balls if I ever want to go out and work on one specific shot or club.

My non bucket stash is about 3 dozen non Titleist premium urethane balls. 2 dozen found Titleist premium balls. 2 dozen unopened Pro V1's, 1 dozen -ProV1X, 1 dozen ProV1X, and 1 dozen AVX. I also have 1 dozen TP5 Practice balls.

Finding one after losing one works out pretty well...plus it means you are consistently shooting even par. I figure if I lose a golf ball, and find four, I shot -3 for the day, lol.

Our woods are wild and woolly, with lots of briars and brambles. At 65 I am getting to be a bit too old to be fighting through all that stuff to retrieve golf balls. I do, however, find quite a few on the fringes.

Our woods are wild and woolly, with lots of briars and brambles. At 65 I am getting to be a bit too old to be fighting through all that stuff to retrieve golf balls. I do, however, find quite a few on the fringes.
When my regular golfing buddy and I play on courses around here that have areas like that we dig in and go after balls a lot. We play fast so on the weekend we are generally waiting a lot. Finding balls is what we do LOL! He will go deeper than me though. I told him he needs to start wearing Carhart overalls to golf in he get's so deep in the brambles sometimes 😂

When my regular golfing buddy and I play on courses around here that have areas like that we dig in and go after balls a lot. We play fast so on the weekend we are generally waiting a lot. Finding balls is what we do LOL! He will go deeper than me though. I told him he needs to start wearing Carhart overalls to golf in he get's so deep in the brambles sometimes 😂

Exactly! On Monday's our course doesn't open until 11:00 am, so I would sometime walk the course in the early morning looking for golf balls (especially after a weekend tournament as everyone plays a premium golf ball). I would wear jean, boots, a long sleeved shirt, and have a canvas tote bag.

I typically find 1 to 4 lost balls per round Most often I given them to my playing partners as I try and play the same ball most of the time. I have roughly 10 dozen of the balls I play which are no longer in production. If I don't give found balls away right away they make it to my sons bag or my shag bag.

I typically find 1 to 4 lost balls per round Most often I given them to my playing partners as I try and play the same ball most of the time. I have roughly 10 dozen of the balls I play which are no longer in production. If I don't give found balls away right away they make it to my sons bag or my shag bag.

I give a lot of golf balls away too. Mostly to kids, and occasionally my playing partners.

I typically will not keep much less play a ball I've found on the course, no matter how good it looks. I don't know how long that ball has been out there and I take my game seriously (probably far too seriously) to play a ball with perhaps different performance characteristics. That is why I only play the same brand and model all the time. I am currently working my way through my last 14 of the 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft w/ TT before switching over to the Snell MTB Black, of which I have 5 dozen. Balls I find I give to any of my three usual golfing partners who will play anything, not taking the game as seriously as I do. They also lose a lot more balls! :D

I don't tend to keep any that I find, I give them to Jen as, being a beginner, she tends to lose a lot more than I do

So my total for a stash would be zero, and I have no idea what Jen has in her bag, but we don't have a stash at home anywhere

I have also heard it said that you can judge a round of golf based not on how many balls you lose but how many you find. It shows how much time you spend poking around in hazards.

I have a bunch of old golf balls that my Dad found back when he used to walk the course with a ball retriever. I have used them as shag balls but they aren't something I would play.

My playing partner and I always take some time when the course isn’t busy or if we have to wait on the group in front of us to ball hawk. Probably the worst part about riding in a cart is driving past prime spots to find balls. I just wish the guys on the courses we play used (or lose) premium balls more often. Being retired and frugal, we both use what we find. Neither of us are long hitters and we just don’t find much difference between most brands.

I typically will not keep much less play a ball I've found on the course, no matter how good it looks. I don't know how long that ball has been out there and I take my game seriously (probably far too seriously) to play a ball with perhaps different performance characteristics. That is why I only play the same brand and model all the time. I am currently working my way through my last 14 of the 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft w/ TT before switching over to the Snell MTB Black, of which I have 5 dozen. Balls I find I give to any of my three usual golfing partners who will play anything, not taking the game as seriously as I do. They also lose a lot more balls! :D

I find the balls I use (pun intended) to be very good. I won't play any water balls (I don't even look), or balls with blemishes. A number of them look like they have only been hit once. Besides, since my home course is so littered with hazards, I probably couldn't afford to play it if I had to buy my own golf balls, lol.

My playing partner and I always take some time when the course isn’t busy or if we have to wait on the group in front of us to ball hawk. Probably the worst part about riding in a cart is driving past prime spots to find balls. I just wish the guys on the courses we play used (or lose) premium balls more often. Being retired and frugal, we both use what we find. Neither of us are long hitters and we just don’t find much difference between most brands.

Since I find a lot of golf balls, I get the opportunity to hit a wide variety. I find that off the tee they all pretty much go the same distance. It's around the greens where I really notice a difference.

I used to keep found balls but now I am too snobby of the golf ball I am playing. If it ain't a Pro V it ain't for me. lol. If I find a bunch then I put in a pile for others to grab that need the extra ammo.

That my friend is a lot of golf balls! I rarely look for or pick up golf balls I find on the course. Not sure why just has never been my thing. 🤷‍♂️

My home course is littered with hazards, and as a result, I find a lot of golf balls. It's been years since I have purchased any. Do you have a ball stash? If so, how many?

89 = 1069

I would occasionally look for balls after I played a round of golf. I doubt I will do it this season, as I appear to have enough.

wow, that's a crazy amount to store. If you want to ship out some ProV1x, let me know ;)

I usually give found balls away as my M.O. is to lose ProV1x and find Top Flites 🤣

I get my supply during the year when sales pop up. I will buy Snell Blacks when needed but Srixon's usually will go on sale and I load up. Anything I find, I keep for my daughter-in-law. She is fairly new to the game and doesn't care what she uses.

89 = 1069

I have 4 dozen stashed away. Now that I am not losing that many I don't feel the need to keep tons of balls on hand.
If I see a deal that I can't pass up I will stock up but haven't seen one yet.

A neighbor of ours works nights about 40 miles away. He has a nice course he passes on his way home and walks/plays 9 holes most morning on his way home. He's always been a ball hound and when my son was playing in high school brought a box of nearly 150 balls to my son. Four years of HS golf and we didn't have to buy him balls until his senior year.

I'm sort of a one for one swap with the course so to speak. If I can't find my ball, I'll grab another lost one in the woods. If I lose one in the water, I want that replaced. Aside from that, I normally won't try to leave the course with more golf balls than I showed up with. I like balance.

That’s a lot of balls. I’m not a ball collector. If I lose mine and find one during the search I might snag it as a replacement, but I’m certainly not a hunter/gatherer.

I have probably 8 dozen Balls all new. I do not play found balls

I had 100s of balls I found. I use some for practicing at hom, give some to less fortunate or donate to 1rst tee, etc.

I've collected a few lost balls the past 15 months. Maybe 100-150 balls.

Most of them were donated back to the driving range.

A few, decent looking, higher priced balls were kept for comparison purposes with my gamers.

Most of the ones I find are in the short game practice area. I assume they were other's practice balls that were left behind.

Back