Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Delete

I'll echo a comment made above that Hogan has been difficult to reach. I have sent several e-mails without a response. Unfortunately, I guess I will look elsewhere for new wedges.

That is sad to hear. I know Mach2 had trouble and now another member? The clubs are worth the trouble and I know 100 percent sure if you spoke to the right person there you would be taken care of. If @JB see's this I am pretty sure he will put you in contact with someone who will get you fixed up. I hope you can give them a mulligan on this and hopefully Ben Hogan Golf can figure out how this is happening.

These wedges are just so damn good for any shot you need to hit. That's all I have to say about that.

Mine has been in my bag since I first got it last year. It won't be leaving anytime soon.

It was a tough decision on rather to get the Equalizers or the TK wedges.

It was a tough decision on rather to get the Equalizers or the TK wedges.

Never have tried the TK but I can't imagine they are better than the Equalizers. I would guess the Equalizers are a little more forgiving.

I've had the TK wedges and while they are good, they had a tendency to dig in the sand, not so with the Equalizer.

Never have tried the TK but I can't imagine they are better than the Equalizers. I would guess the Equalizers are a little more forgiving.

I have played both and prefer the Equalizers by a large margin.

I went with the TKs just so the transition from Ft. Worth irons to wedges would look uniform. I haven't hit yet. I bought them, pulled the heads, sold the shafts.

As long as they keep making these, I will keep gaming them. Another chip in today and three other chips that came to rest within 6 inches of the hole. Just flat out money.

As long as they keep making these, I will keep gaming them. Another chip in today and three other chips that came to rest within 6 inches of the hole. Just flat out money.

I am keeping mine in play this year as well. How are your faces holding up? Mine are showing some wear but they still work like new. I may get a new set mid year but I am going Equalizers again. Might try some recoils this time.

I am keeping mine in play this year as well. How are your faces holding up? Mine are showing some wear but they still work like new. I may get a new set mid year but I am going Equalizers again. Might try some recoils this time.
Faces and grooves are holding up quite well. I would guess I have about 125 rounds on them. Will probably get new 54 and 58 in about 6 months. 50 will be fine for at least 2 more years.

I am pretty sure BHG mills or forges magic into these wedges. Think I will drop Tyler a message to see if they can make them all the way down to about 25 degrees. Haha

I hit my 50 & 56 demos today! Awesome wedges!

I hit my 50 & 56 demos today! Awesome wedges!

They really are. I will be ordering the 54 and 58 in black soon just because they are so awesome. My existing 54 and 58 still have plenty of life left but options are always great as you well know after today...haha!

Same amazing performance as the original satin chrome Equalizers with the incredible DBM finish.
4b28d552c85f54d6ffd88f80eb2795df.jpg
73dae8d76422f14c6c67de6514e98279.jpg

I was telling one of my playing partners today that the thing that sets these wedges apart from any other that I have ever played was the ease in hitting those tweener shots with these. I used to struggle in hitting wedges the right distance when 40 - 70 yards out. Those shots just seem easier with these wedges whether I hit the 58 or 54 and am quite often within 6 feet of the hole. Had two shots today from 56 and 59 yards and they ended up 2 and 4 feet from the hole.

Same amazing performance as the original satin chrome Equalizers with the incredible DBM finish.
4b28d552c85f54d6ffd88f80eb2795df.jpg
73dae8d76422f14c6c67de6514e98279.jpg

I chose the black Equalizer wedges too! I'm not a huge fan of black clubs, but I really didn't like the look of the crosshatch patern on the back of the Chrome demo wedges I hit. I know it's a stupid thing, but I was hoping the black would mute that design!

I chose the black Equalizer wedges too! I'm not a huge fan of black clubs, but I really didn't like the look of the crosshatch patern on the back of the Chrome demo wedges I hit. I know it's a stupid thing, but I was hoping the black would mute that design!
I have always really liked black finish in wedges but really don't think I would care for it that much on an iron set. I carried over the satin chrome 50 degree instead of ordering a new one of that loft in black. I do not use it anywhere near as much as the other 2 lofts so it does not have a lot of wear even after being in the bag for a year. As far as performance, I see no difference between the wedges in the two finishes.

These amazing wedges just continue to flat out perform. Flighted down the 58 degree from 88 yards into the wind today and the ball took one hop and went into the hole for an eagle. They are super versatile around the green and easy to flight up or down on full or partial swings.

I really don't need wedges, but I am so tempted to get a set of Equalizer Black in 54/58. They look great and from everyone that has them seems to rave about them. Definitely pondering.

I really don't need wedges, but I am so tempted to get a set of Equalizer Black in 54/58. They look great and from everyone that has them seems to rave about them. Definitely pondering.

The black ones turned out great. They are some of the spinniest wedges I've seen. I'm not a big spinner so for me they stopped pretty quick on contact with the green.

At $100 for chrome and $105 for black...these are a bargain! I will I really like the black finish on these! All the guys here ordered black wedges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back