Ben Hogan Launches HoganFit: Online Fitting Tool

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fitting has become a massive part of purchasing golf clubs, but unfortunately, not enough of us golfers take the time to do it. Playing a set of properly fit golf clubs has proven to help lead to more consistency and better results.

Continue reading...

• Admin
Not sure why my name populated the first post, but the above link is an article from @ddec and its worth the read. This should hit their website today.

I can't wait to see it live. What we got to look at was sort of a beta version. My curiosity is there to see if there were any changes or tweaks. Either way, this is a welcome addition to the hogan site.

That's really cool. I went and online fit for a set of irons. It said Ben Hogan Edge with a Recoil 460ESX. Not a bad recommendation although I already launch high so might try to knock that down a bit..

I remember the old Hogan Fit which would actually let you put your existing irons in as well to suggest what lofts would be better, this was before they put iron numbers on the soles and actually put the loft degree.

PTX Pro was my #1 suggestion

I am not seeing the graphics (I use android devices) that Dean shows in the homepage article, but I did go through it and it came back with the driver, irons and wedges I already have in my bag. Quickand simple process.

Awesome, I'll give it a try...

Surprised it recommended the standard GS53 driver and not the MAX?!🤷‍♂️

Nice...I was just looking at some Hogan irons recently. This will come in handle if I pull the trigger.

Not bad. Would be nice if they added something about how you loaded the shaft, maybe swing type question. Did they have something like this back in the SCOR days?

I just tried it with interesting results. The particular clubs and shafts it selected for me aligned with what I expected. What I didn’t expect was the suggested length and lie for the irons.

I’ve been through three iron fittings lately with different manufacturers. All three resulted in a recommendation of irons that are 1” long and 2* upright. Hogan suggested 1/2” long and 1* flat.

I suppose the discrepancy could be due to a variation in stock specs, the limitations of an online system, or me inaccurately entering information (improper evaluation of my own posture, shot height, etc).

If I was ordering today I’d trust the advice I’ve gotten from the in person fittings, but it’s cool that Hogan is offering a more accessible alternative.

Took the fitting. Like the concept but thought it can use some tweaking. For instance it asked what club do you hit from 150 yards then gave you choices like 5-6 iron or 7-8 and how far you hit your driver one of the ranges was 220-280 yards which seems like a pretty big spread. Other fitting type tools that I have seen, like Callaway, just ask how far do you hit your 7 iron or driver.

Report had me fit for PTx Pro irons with Recoil R shafts which seem fine. Driver was GS53 MAX driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 gram Stiff flex which I know is too much shaft for me. So mixed results.

PTX Pro was my #1 suggestion

It was mine two in 4-7i then 8-PW was Icon. I dunno about all that, I’m just hoping to strike the PTx Pros I’ve got good enough. They look tiny compared to my other options but I hit them well and they gapped well.

I like to try the online fitting algorithms to see how they match up with what I would suggest for myself versus what the computer program suggests. This one was right on point with what I would have thought in suggesting for irons, but a bit surprised the algorithm suggested a utility iron over a hybrid for the 4 iron. I did select the hybrid preference, but that selection might have been negated by my other answers to the questions.

This is a very easy program and gets you a good starting point. I also like the idea of the suggested length and grip size. I don't think an online program can really tell you Lie as I believe the best measurement for Lie is after hitting a board or something to see where on the club is contacting the ground. I also didn't see that as a question, which would be nice if that was asked (Say, if looking at your 7 iron what part of the club sole do you see the most wear?).

I must have done it before the new system was live this morning. Just went through it again and it was totally different, and more comprehensive. Have the GS53 Max and VKTR+ in my cart to demo and awaiting an answer from BHG on whether the UiHi is available for demo or not. It appears so on the demo page but it charges purchase price ($110) when adding to cart.

I must have done it before the new system was live this morning. Just went through it again and it was totally different, and more comprehensive. Have the GS53 Max and VKTR+ in my cart to demo and awaiting an answer from BHG on whether the UiHi is available for demo or not. It appears so on the demo page but it charges purchase price ($110) when adding to cart.
Yeah. I went this morning and it was the same as the old one. Just went back and definitely more comprehensive.

They fixed the UiHi demo so I just ordered the GS53 Max driver, VKTR+ hybrid and UiHi utility iron to demo. Not bad for $20.

Quick & easy to use. Recommended the PTx Pro combo set in KBS V steel. :eek: I've never played KBS shafts, so they would definitely have to be demoed first. Incidentally, they are about a month out on orders & shipping. :rolleyes:

Do we know if the Edge irons are the new version for Demo?

Back