Best Ball Alignment Marker/Sharpie

johnptaylor

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there any way around the smearing of your marked line on your golf ball? I have tried the marker that came with my marking tool, a regular sharpie, and an extreme sharpie... and they all either smear or fade after like 3 shots...

Please let me know!

I don't find the regular black Sharpie permanent marker smearing. Just remember to let the ball dry a bit before you use it. (this is why I mark the balls way before I use them) It's going to wear some throughout the round, that's inevitable. Just mark it again when it does. Also, try to not hit it on the mark. I always point the line at the target, on the tee & the green. So the only time I may be hitting the marks is playing the hole.

The only time I've had smearing is when I mark the ball and then play it. If I mark them the night before, no issues.

Switch to Vice balls. You'll never need to put a line on there again.

Triple track from Callaway is the best alignment aid. If you’re talking about markers, this is what the GOAT uses, so I’d say it’s probably a good choice

1677075118916.png

I have to mark mine and let them cure for about a month before I use them. If I do that the logo will still be there after multiple rounds, albeit faded. If I don't it won't last a half dozen holes.

Is there any way around the smearing of your marked line on your golf ball? I have tried the marker that came with my marking tool, a regular sharpie, and an extreme sharpie... and they all either smear or fade after like 3 shots...

Please let me know!
I spin a line around the ball's equator using a permanent black sharpie. Never had a smearing problem. Then again, I give the line at least 24 hours to dry.

Even my practice balls that take multiple hits don't need much rejuvenation.

As for aiming, I still think using an intermediate target, 12-20 inches in front of the ball, on the golfers chosen line, and rolling the ball over that intermediate target, is the best way to aim.

Taylor Made Distance Plus has a single black alignment line, and the cost is decent.

Triple track from Callaway is the best alignment aid. If you’re talking about markers, this is what the GOAT uses, so I’d say it’s probably a good choice

View attachment 9159194
I agree, this is the best. I bought a couple of these last year and they are by far the best.

Back