Best country club for "Young Executive" in Charlotte, NC?

SHOWBOAT12

Reaction score
Handicap
I am moving to Charlotte in November and looking to join a country club in the area. My top three considerations for picking a club are location, cost, and quality of golf / club atmosphere in that order. I'm not as concerned with the extracurriculars (e.x., swimming, tennis, etc.). I have done a fair bit of reading online, but would like real-world opinions on clubs that I should reach out to and / or visit prior to making a selection. Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Paging @e1iterate ! Welcome to NC! Try the sweet tea !

I’m a member at The Palisades. The under 40 membership is like 285 a month. Course is is good shape but greens tend to run on slower side during summer months due to them having bent grass greens.

Hit me up if you’d like to go play when you get here.

I’m a member at The Palisades. The under 40 membership is like 285 a month. Course is is good shape but greens tend to run on slower side during summer months due to them having bent grass greens.

Hit me up if you’d like to go play when you get here.

Thanks, I will take you up on that once I'm moved in. Bent grass is a positive for me … just like home.

Quail Hollow or bust!

Ballantyne is a nice course as well, I worked there when I was in college, great practice facilities and a very nice course set up.

Welcome to the Queen City. I think your best two options are Carolina Golf Club and Cedarwood CC. If as I would expect you're planning to live in the Uptown or Southend area go look at Carolina. It is a golf club. Good practice area and I think a younger memebership or at least one that is transitioning to a younger mix. Donald Ross course. It is not fancy but the views of uptown from the course are awesome . Good burger too.
If you live in South Charlotte I would look at Cedarwood. Good bargin, great practice areas and it too is a golf club first. Both are nice places.
If price is no object then go to Carmel CC. Two courses and great memebership.PM me with any questions.

Welcome to the Queen City. I think your best two options are Carolina Golf Club and Cedarwood CC. If as I would expect you're planning to live in the Uptown or Southend area go look at Carolina. It is a golf club. Good practice area and I think a younger memebership or at least one that is transitioning to a younger mix. Donald Ross course. It is not fancy but the views of uptown from the course are awesome . Good burger too.
If you live in South Charlotte I would look at Cedarwood. Good bargin, great practice areas and it too is a golf club first. Both are nice places.
If price is no object then go to Carmel CC. Two courses and great memebership.PM me with any questions.

I checked into Cedarwood. I’ve heard from quite a few people it’s an older gambling crowd there. Have you had a different experience?

Not a member but have played it a few times. The guys I know who are members are not gamblers. Mainly bankers. Club manager can tell you median age. I have been a member of Providence CC and Firethorne CC. I would assume they are too far out for a younger guy.

I’ve played Firethorne and strongly considered joining there.

It is Club Corp owned now so there are some benefits from that.To me, it's ok. Lots of good choices. I was just going off of your thread starter.

Wow, a lot of great replies so far. Thank you!

Quail Hollow or bust!

Consider it done! ;)

Ballantyne is a nice course as well, I worked there when I was in college, great practice facilities and a very nice course set up.

Thanks for the input. Do you have any insight on cost? Based on the publicly available information I've seen, the initiation fee is $23,000 for a Full Membership. I would certainly be interested if the initiation fee for a Young Executive Membership is a fraction of that. I am not yet sure how much of my future I'll spend in the areas, so I'm trying to be cognizant of that.

Thank you.

I have read great things about Carolina Golf Club and frankly, it's the best location for me at the moment. I have read there is a 2+ year wait list to join, do you know if there is any validity to that? On paper, this is a great option for me, assuming there isn't actually a delay in joining.

I have also read and heard great things about Cedarwood CC, but the one knock that concerns me is the perception of the club being much more over-crowded than others. Do you have any idea if this is fact or fiction?

Not a member but have played it a few times. The guys I know who are members are not gamblers. Mainly bankers. Club manager can tell you median age. I have been a member of Providence CC and Firethorne CC. I would assume they are too far out for a younger guy.

The drive to Providence CC from South End isn't much farther (time) than it would be to Cedarwood CC. Starting to reach and exceed the 30 minute mark is less ideal, although potentially necessary if something closer doesn't work out.

It is Club Corp owned now so there are some benefits from that.To me, it's ok. Lots of good choices. I was just going off of your thread starter.

As is TPC Piper Glen from my understanding, any experience there?

No idea on the price structure, haven't been down there for a long time. They do have a Young Executive membership though, 21-35 years of age.

Sharing the information that I've received thus far. I am hopeful that this will be helpful to others in the future.

Club
Membership Type
Initiation Fee
Monthly Dues
Other Dues
Notes
Ballantyne Country Club
Young Executive Golf Membership (age 21 to 36)

$3,500

· Ages 21-28: $422.50 (includes monthly dues, capital reserve fees, & dining service fee)
· Ages 29-35: $578.75 (includes monthly dues, capital reserve fees, & dining service fee)

None

· Includes green fees, court fees, and range program
· Cart fees are $45 on weekend and $35 on weekdays

Cedarwood Country Club

Young Professional Membership (under 40)

$5,000

$375

· $40 (restaurant minimum)
· $25 (capital dues)

None

Firethorne Country Club

Young Associate Golf ONE (age 24 to 39)

$2,500

· Ages 24-32: $393
· Ages 33-39: $465

· $120 (quarterly food minimum)
· $200 (annual range fee)

· Includes benefits of ONE network and My Community Charlotte area

The Palisades Country Club (awaiting response)

The Peninsula Club

Young Professional Golf (age 21 to 39)

$7,500

· Ages 21-35: $386
· Ages 36-39: $482

· $40 (house fee)

None

Pine Island Country Club

Young Professional Membership (age 21 to 35)

$2,000

$259

· $150 (quarterly food minimum)
· $25 (monthly capital fund fee)
· $25 (handicap fee)

None

Raintree Country Club

Young Executive Membership (under 40)

$1,500

· Ages 23-29: $277.46
· Ages 30-40: $363.83

· $126.50 (quarterly dining minimum)

· Young Executive Members pay equal annual installments of their Full Initiation fee until their 40th birthday

River Run Country Club

Junior Executive (under 30)

$5,000

$378

Unknown

· Includes benefits of ONE network and My Community Charlotte area

TPC Piper Glen

Junior Charter Golf ONE Membership (under 40)

$7,500

$360

· $150 (quarterly food and beverage minimum)

· Access to golf and practice facilities weekdays anytime and weekends after 12 p.m.

From my experience Carolina golf club would be the best bet on the west side of uptown. They did a full restore of Ross’ design (might be the best layout in the city) and the membership is much friendlier and less uptight than at high end clubs nearby.

From my experience Carolina golf club would be the best bet on the west side of uptown. They did a full restore of Ross’ design (might be the best layout in the city) and the membership is much friendlier and less uptight than at high end clubs nearby.

I'm extremely interested; however, according to their website you need to know a current member in order to gain access to membership information. If anyone knows a member who can help me with that, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm extremely interested; however, according to their website you need to know a current member in order to gain access to membership information. If anyone knows a member who can help me with that, I'd really appreciate it.

Just curious, did you get any response from The Palisades?

Yes, very reasonable - I'm going to schedule a tour. I'll send you a message.
I am very much in the same boat as you and wondering if you have settled anywhere or have some final thoughts/ advice?

I am very much in the same boat as you and wondering if you have settled anywhere or have some final thoughts/ advice?

If you want to play a round over at The Palisades, shoot me a PM.

Can’t believe I found this thread. Currently looking at Firethorne which is 5 minutes from my house. Also considering TPC Piper Glenn and Raintree as well.

Can’t believe I found this thread. Currently looking at Firethorne which is 5 minutes from my house. Also considering TPC Piper Glenn and Raintree as well.

I’ve played Firethorne. Nice track. It’s closer to my house but I’m at member at The Palisades. Let me know if you’d like to check it out.

They did just punch the greens a week ago so I’d give in another couple weeks before going out if you’re wanting to get out there.

I’ve played Firethorne. Nice track. It’s closer to my house but I’m at member at The Palisades. Let me know if you’d like to check it out.

They did just punch the greens a week ago so I’d give in another couple weeks before going out if you’re wanting to get out there.

Definitely worth checking out. I want to weigh out all of my options. I live over off of 521 not too far from Red Ventures. Looks to be a decent hike over to The Palisades.

Right now, Firethorne looks like a great option for me. I want to get out and see Raintree as well. The price of their membership is very attractive and they have two courses as well.

I checked on TPC Piper Glen as well, but their rate structure seems to have changed as they no longer offer a young associate option.

Definitely worth checking out. I want to weigh out all of my options. I live over off of 521 not too far from Red Ventures. Looks to be a decent hike over to The Palisades.

Right now, Firethorne looks like a great option for me. I want to get out and see Raintree as well. The price of their membership is very attractive and they have two courses as well.

I checked on TPC Piper Glen as well, but their rate structure seems to have changed as they no longer offer a young associate option.

I’ve never been to Raintree. Where is that located? Young Exec membership at Palisades is only $285 a month.

Hey guys, just moved to the area and in the same boat. Wanted to give this thread a bump and see if there are any new mid/post pandemic views on clubs to join in the area. Thanks in advance!

Back