Best drivers of 2016 you've hit

It's strange that Dunlop can ask $799 for a driver and actually get that price and/or sell very many of them. I don't think any one manufacture has a secret recipe that makes a golf ball fly father. I have no problems with Dunlop or PXG charging $800 for a driver, I just wonder why Taylormade or Callaway hasn't figured out how to do it.

I would think they could charge that but how much would they lose in total purchases. XXIO is a high end brand that sells well in Japan and Eurooe and I believe are #1 in the market in Japan. For US market those prices seem high and they end up becoming a "niche" market because the avg golfer who buys one driver and keeps it for 3-5 years and complains that $399-499 is expensive aren't going to buy the high priced driver.

Also so from a mindset it's like jim54 says that some look at that price and think that's a crazy price and won't pay it but when in reality if you look at the number of drivers and/or shafts they easily spend more than that in a year.

M1 and xr16 pro

got fitted for the king ltd as that worked best for me and the fitter had every head out there.

I think I am firmly in the demographic for the XXIO Prime or something like it from the perspective that I am aging and slowing down SS wise but still want to at least feel like I am playing decent golf. On the short Courses I play normally (5,800 - 6,100 yds.) if I put it all together I can shoot in the 70's but the norm lately has been low to mid 80's most of that is due to not getting off the tee real well and crap putting. Put me on a longer course and the Driver becomes critical to be in play and as long as possible.

There is one more Driver Shaft change coming up for the DBD thanks to kc720, if that does not help then the XXIO will be had one way or the other.

Question, how improved are these drivers over something like my Razr Fit Xtreme from a few years back? I feel like 75% of the forum owned that driver the year I got it, so I'm assuming there's a few guys that can give me some quality comparison.

Back