Best Grip Trainer

Pevans

2nd Tier
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all just wanted some feedback I am looking to make my grip stronger I have seen the specialty grips for training just wanted to know what you guys may think are the best ones.

Squeeze a tennis or racquet ball while watching tv

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Why are you trying to make your grip stronger? Curious...

Why are you trying to make your grip stronger? Curious...
I have been fighting a slice and have been told that I have a very weak grip I have seen the David Ledbetter trainer grip an thought that maybe will help

I bought on of these it has a moulded grip and is nice to keep you loose during winter
null-31.jpg
[/IMG]

Deadlifts, pullups, and farmer's carries.

Deadlifts, pullups, and farmer's carries.

I believe the OP is looking to strengthen the position of his grip, not the muscle tension.

I believe the OP is looking to strengthen the position of his grip, not the muscle tension.

Meh, can't hurt.

Also, to the TS, something I dealt with for awhile is that when you set that stronger grip, to double check your alignment at address. A tendency I had was to strengthen my grip, and as a result set my shoulders open at address. So any gains I would have made with my slice by strengthening my grip were being undone by my shoulders being open.

My GolfTEC coach... Every time I set up I can hear him say " what about that right hand, is it in the right place?"

Top hand is easy - get in your stance and reach out like you are shaking hands with an old friend. Can you see your top two (maybe three) knuckles? You are good.

Now put the other hand on so your top hand thumb is against the life line on your lower hand.

My personal opinion is that trainers and the like are helpful but when you get out on the course without them you still need to get your hands in the right place. If you learn to do it without a trainer device you can do it anytime anywhere consistently.

Back