Best Rangefinder for 2012?

jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
I know a few threads exist, but I'm just looking for a small update. Any suggestions on a new rangefinder?

THP has reviewed quite a few on the home page and in the newsletter from this year including the updates from both Leupold and Bushnell

Although it may not be from 2012, I just bought my Bushnell Tour V2 tournament edition-no slope- and it's the best thing I've done for m game, I can really zero in on a pin and get accurate readings. The pin seeker mode which helps pick out the pin when there is clearly a bunch of stuff around it helps a lot. Especially in the courses I play, knowing where the fairway ends or where a huge bunker is can help me stay safe. I think they are pretty affordable as far as rangefinders go.

I just put a Callaway uPro MX+ into play this weekend. With the first 3 rounds of use, I am liking it so far.
Granted, it's a GPS and not laser, but I like to know what's over that next hill.

I just put a Callaway uPro MX+ into play this weekend. With the first 3 rounds of use, I am liking it so far.
Granted, it's a GPS and not laser, but I like to know what's over that next hill.

Yeah that's the advantage of a GPS over a laser range finder, The only problem with most GPS units is that you have to download each course most of the time but they are really Ideal for play. I chose the laser rangefinder because I didn't want to have to download maps or subscriptions but I guess in my opinion the cooled thing to have is a GPS/rangefinder I know Bushnell has a hybrid that has both I'm not too sure who else has one though

The uPro comes loaded with 25,000 courses already in the GO Mode.
You can then download course for the Pro Mode for free...and no yearly subscription.
I think it will hold 50 of the Pro Mode courses on top of the 25,000 Go courses.
This replaced my Skycaddie.

Back