Best Shot of the Year?

Think it must have been a near HOI with my 1031 PW. Can't really think of too many other good shots this year.

On my golf trip at Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham on the Valley course I pulled my driver on a dog leg left par 4 leaving myself in a really bad spot with my buddy who I was playing in the fairway about 130 out. I was in the rough behind a bunker about 215 from the pin. Generally I would hit for safety, but given the match I pulled my 17* hybrid and flushed it right at a bunker to the right of the green with just a touch of right to left action on it. The pin was back left and the ball landed on the front right and rolled back to about 7 feet for a birdie putt to put the heat on him. He ended up pushing his shot into the bunker and I won the hole.

Hit my best shot of this golf season yesterday.
Sliced my drive into the rough.
Had 185 into the wind.
Stuck a 5 iron to about 6' (missed the birdie putt ).

Hit my best shot of this golf season yesterday.
Sliced my drive into the rough.
Had 185 into the wind.
Stuck a 5 iron to about 6' (missed the birdie putt ).

It was quite windy yesterday

3 come to mind, all at Pebble Beach:

Drained one from the bunker on 4 for birdie.

a0f2805eb2aec13e91ef114d411f6425.jpg

4 hybrid from 200y over the ocean on 8 to about 10 feet. Wish I had a pic for that one!

Shot of the year, without a doubt, was the tee shot on 17 (Jack’s hole). It was playing 185y. I was having a bit of a moment taking it all in and recalling Jack’s famous shot there when the caddie handed me the 5i. Pulled the trigger and heard the best words ever from the caddie: “Oh, be right... be RIGHT...”

It hit pin high about 2 feet right of the hole and rolled out a bit. I missed the putt but didn’t care. That shot will stay with me for sure.

33751de2393dd9cc36d4d80d2a569886.jpg

Either a hole out from 138 yards or a 247 yard 4 wood over water to set up a 6 inch eagle putt.

Last week par 3 first hole at Newport Beach. With no warm up swings at all I hit my tee shot up close and was able to tap in for a birdie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back