Best sounding/feeling driver you’ve ever hit?

This is going to date me, but it was my old Wilson 4300 2-wood. That click like you never hear anymore, and the soft feel of a center hit cannot be duplicated by a metal driver. Those were the days.

Another vote for Callaway’s FT Opti-Force. It was not as promoted as could have been - back when Callaway was throwing a lot of stuff out there. But, it is a fabulous driver.

For some reason I always think of the Nickent square driver when it comes to sound, I just really liked that one.:nickent:

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion for me. When you caught it it just sounded like you were cutting through the ball with knife.
Agreed. When I actually hit BB Fusion just right, the feel & sound was soooooooo nice!!

NOT Triton but I still love it. Any Titleist driver I have ever owned. I always feel like a pro when I hit one then come to reality when I see where it landed.

The old Yonex ADX 200 was a great sounding driver. With it's all graphite head it sounded much like the persimmon drivers. For metal drivers, I like my 2016 Taylor Made M2 the best.

TM r9 or Cleveland Classic

I think any driver made with a carbon top/crown has a muted, pleasing impact sound.

Still the Cobra F9 for me. The F8 was good, the F9 is better. I'm guessing SZ is even better.

Cleveland Launcher 400. Great feel & sound. One of the best drivers ever IMHO. Persimmon is still the best though and I'm old enough to know. ;)

I am old enough as well and often wonder how many THPers have never played with a persimmon driver...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Adams 9015d. Lock the thread.. haha.

Alright. I'm adjusting my answer to the Callaway redacted...?

As you should.. haha.
It's not just fanfare though. As I image some of my feedback could potentially be viewed as such.

That thing sounded absolutely fantastic.

OG Cleveland Classic. The best 'thwack' and if you got that monster squared up it would just crush the ball.

Back