Best way to get tee time at Bethpage Black

BuffaloPlunger

2024 GolfTEC Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Planning a trip to Bethpage in June to play Black and Red. I’ve heard the tee times go very quick. Has anyone found a way that works best for getting tee times and possibly farther out than a week?

Find a friend who lives on Long Island that can make a tee time.

Find a friend who lives on Long Island that can make a tee time.
Like going there in person or do Long Island residents get even earlier access?

Any NYS resident can book 1 week in advance, but it's very difficult. The times sell out in seconds. I have had success watching for cancellations in the days leading up, or even just showing up and getting lucky, especially as a single. I haven't slept out in years, but there is always that option.

Any NYS resident can book 1 week in advance, but it's very difficult. The times sell out in seconds. I have had success watching for cancellations in the days leading up, or even just showing up and getting lucky, especially as a single. I haven't slept out in years, but there is always that option.
Hadn’t thought about cancellations. Luckily I’m in NYS so I’ll get a shot a week in advance. Camping out may be the route to go if we don’t get one. Are the other courses any easier?

Hadn’t thought about cancellations. Luckily I’m in NYS so I’ll get a shot a week in advance. Camping out may be the route to go if we don’t get one. Are the other courses any easier?
Black sells out in 5 seconds; Red sells out in 15 seconds. It's really frustrating from that standpoint. That said, I seem to get lucky via cancellations as I am pretty persistent on hitting that refresh button throughout the week.

Black sells out in 5 seconds; Red sells out in 15 seconds. It's really frustrating from that standpoint. That said, I seem to get lucky via cancellations as I am pretty persistent on hitting that refresh button throughout the week.
That’s good to know. Worse case scenario we sleep in our cars for a night

I live in NJ and I did the sleep in my car for a tee time in Black. It's a pretty cool experience hanging out with all the golfers in the parking lot. You don't get much sleep but a very cool experience. I highly suggest going to Peter Luger's after your round.

I have heard the best way is to show up as a solo and wait.

I live in NJ and I did the sleep in my car for a tee time in Black. It's a pretty cool experience hanging out with all the golfers in the parking lot. You don't get much sleep but a very cool experience. I highly suggest going to Peter Luger's after your round.
I’d love to go to Peter Lugers. I think that reservation might be just as difficult lol

We’re in the early planning phase. Trying to figure out a few back up courses on Long Island if things don’t pan out

When I lived in NYC a while ago we would always get there at 4:00 AM and just wait. We did that 5-6 times and always got a good time.

Find a resident to play with.

5 years ago I was supposed to play with THPers on the tail end of a work trip. Got rained out and haven't had a chance since :-(

Edited to add: We had a NYS resident make our tee time a week in advance.

Back