Big Idea for a THP Event

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I was bored on the course today and was spitballing some ideas in my head for a new sort of THP Event, now, this is just an idea and has plenty of logistical hurdles before it becomes possible, but this is something that could really showcase THP on a global scale. Now, the Brain Trust of THP (JB, GG, and Co.) do an AWESOME job with events, so I'm kind of pitching this idea to them, I know we have all the awesome tournaments like the Morgan Cup, the Grandaddy, the Major Series., and all those awesome events with manufacturers we know and love. But imagine an INTERNATIONAL THP event

Think of a THP Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup. Except, each region has a team (think Regional Rivalry) North, South, East, and West (For the U.S.) and then, for our brethren up north/across the pond, we have a UK team, a European team (or we could blend them) and a Canadian team. So it would be the 4 regions of the U.S., along with Canada, UK/Europe and then international for anyone not in the aforementioned regions.

Better yet, we could have North, South, East Coast, West Coast fight it out for a chance to face Team Canada, Team UK/Europe, and then Team International for a "Final Four" style event.

Just an idea, like I said, would most likely be a logistical migraine and not even worth it, but it's worth a shot to gauge interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with having ideas..sounds like fun!

I would do it for sure, but not sure if it is feasible for the people across the pond. But the regional or even a US vs Canada would be pretty epic I must say.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the idea. It has been brought up before, and due to a number of factors is not something we are considering at this time. The travel expenses, lack of Albatross Club Members in a region and more prohibit certain things to take place.

With about 20 THP Events this year, and still quite a few coming up throughout the rest of the year, we really think we have something for every golf fan, all across the country.

So, I was bored on the course today and was spitballing some ideas in my head for a new sort of THP Event, now, this is just an idea and has plenty of logistical hurdles before it becomes possible, but this is something that could really showcase THP on a global scale. Now, the Brain Trust of THP (JB, GG, and Co.) do an AWESOME job with events, so I'm kind of pitching this idea to them, I know we have all the awesome tournaments like the Morgan Cup, the Grandaddy, the Major Series., and all those awesome events with manufacturers we know and love. But imagine an INTERNATIONAL THP event

Think of a THP Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup. Except, each region has a team (think Regional Rivalry) North, South, East, and West (For the U.S.) and then, for our brethren up north/across the pond, we have a UK team, a European team (or we could blend them) and a Canadian team. So it would be the 4 regions of the U.S., along with Canada, UK/Europe and then international for anyone not in the aforementioned regions.

Better yet, we could have North, South, East Coast, West Coast fight it out for a chance to face Team Canada, Team UK/Europe, and then Team International for a "Final Four" style event.

Just an idea, like I said, would most likely be a logistical migraine and not even worth it, but it's worth a shot to gauge interest.

That is a great idea! You just never know if this could be possible in the future.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an opportunity for THP to launch a global franchise network and let those groups have their own Regional Rivalries to meet for a World Championship.

Dude I was thinking of the same kind of thing the other day

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back