Birthdays that hit you harder than others

Ive got a 40th coming up..........we will see how that goes lol.

50 because I was single and having to admit to being in my 50's was tougher. Now turning 65 and married, so each new year is a victory

NOW when my wife turned 50 she was not happy.....mainly because we have a 7 year old daughter and her biggest fear is someone thinking she is her grandmother.

My wife was 43 when our son was born. He's now 15 and they went to the BMV to get an ID for him to be able to open a bank account. The lady at the BMV thought she was Grandma. :ROFLMAO:

My wife was 43 when our son was born. He's now 15 and they went to the BMV to get an ID for him to be able to open a bank account. The lady at the BMV thought she was Grandma. :ROFLMAO:
yep there it is. my wife was 44 when we had our daughter shhhhhhh.....lol. its tough because all of my daughters friends mom's are in their 30's :LOL:. i will give my wife a lot of credit, she looks great and definitely does not look like she is in her 50's

i will give my wife a lot of credit, she looks great and definitely does not look like she is in her 50's

Ummm...mine gave in and has gone the grey hair route. It looks good though.

None have been that bad for me. I went through a lot of reflection when I turned 40. I was largely just blessed and joyful about how life has gone. Of course I'm only 42 and not really old like a 45 year old 😉

None have been that bad for me. I went through a lot of reflection when I turned 40. I was largely just blessed and joyful about how life has gone. Of course I'm only 42 and not really old like a 45 year old 😉
You deserve an eye roll but that was too funny 😂

Only the cool kids were born in July 😂
Fixed it.

40 and 50 were no big deal to me. Last year I turned 60 and it got me thinking about how many more years I have on this earth. Mentally I don't feel 60, but my body often reminds me that I am.

39 this year realizing I'll be 40 next year 😢

30 - I could no longer say I'm young.
40 - I could no longer say I'm young.
50 - I could no longer say I'm young.
60 - I could no longer say I'm young.
70 - I could no longer say I'm young.
Waiting to see what things look like in seven years.

I've never had a birthday that's hit me hard....yet! Thought I might have it when I turned 40 but nothing yet... My better half on the other hand!

So far none have really hit me. I've been happy enough with my age or where I've been in life.

What I think is going to do it though is when my kids get to be teenagers I'll be in my 50s. Maybe 40 will hit me hard that's coming up fast.

50 was definitely harder than any of the others

30 — guess I thought I’d be 20-something forever.

I've never been "hurt" by any birthdays and I've had quite a few at 64 yrs old.
I did have some milestone birthdays that I looked forward to and enjoyed.

13 - I became an official Teenager
16 - Drivers license
18 - I could vote
19 - I could drink alcohol legally across the state line in Idaho
21 - I could leagally drink alcohol anywhere
25 - My car insurance rates dropped a lot.

After those, I'm just looking forward to 65 when Medicare and SS kicks in.

50 .... it's all downhill from here 😢

I've never had a birthday that's hit me hard....yet! Thought I might have it when I turned 40 but nothing yet... My better half on the other hand!
My wife's philosophy is that you're old at 25, and anything beyond that is bonus years. She and I don't see eye to eye on that one at all.

My wife's philosophy is that you're old at 25, and anything beyond that is bonus years. She and I don't see eye to eye on that one at all.
Just agree that she’s right, that way you’ll get as many bonus years as possible 😂

I’m turning 45. That even hurts to type! It didn’t bother me turning 25, 30, or even 40 but turning 45 has seriously done a number on me. So, I have to ask THP, what birthday hit you harder than others? And all you youngsters that will say 21 or 25…..Get off my lawn! 🤣
45 didn’t hit me emotionally but my body for sure!

I haven’t hit one yet. 40 is my latest milestone birthday and it didn’t bother me at all.

Fixed it.

40 and 50 were no big deal to me. Last year I turned 60 and it got me thinking about how many more years I have on this earth. Mentally I don't feel 60, but my body often reminds me that I am.

I was still playing basketball in my 50's! I suppose that's why I feel so decrepit now! it really started setting in in my early to mid 60's! I definitely slowed down. I can't run any more! Just can't perform the physical motion any more! I used to be able to run like a deer!

I used to work with a woman who told me that her 30th birthday didn't phase her at all, but her 40th hit her pretty hard. Everybody has their own milestones! My Mom would do housework until she developed heart palpitations when she got into her 70's. I told her to take it easy, and she said that she kind of knew that she should, but in her head, she was still 19!

I've never been "hurt" by any birthdays and I've had quite a few at 64 yrs old.
I did have some milestone birthdays that I looked forward to and enjoyed.

13 - I became an official Teenager
16 - Drivers license
18 - I could vote
19 - I could drink alcohol legally across the state line in Idaho
21 - I could leagally drink alcohol anywhere
25 - My car insurance rates dropped a lot.

After those, I'm just looking forward to 65 when Medicare and SS kicks in.

At least those should still be there for you. If you were 20 years younger, I might have some doubts!

Back