Review Blast Motion Gen 3 Review

Anyone still using this on a regular basis? Thoughts?
Sadly, I had very poor experiences with both my sensor and especially Blast Motion CS. See: Blast Motion Golf - THP Review Thread

So it's back in the box. Probably eventually destined for the electronics recycler :(

It was very neat when it worked, though. How much it might have improved my golf game I cannot say.

I've hit a similar wall to Duffer Seamus. It's so disappointing too because I still believe this product has an idea and potential that is beyond anything that exists that the normal golf consumer has access to. I've constantly pulled this back out and attempted to muddle with it. When I can get it to work consistently which it does for the most part with my 7i and 9i it is very much aligning with exactly what my instructor tells me about attack angle etc.

I would love to use it for tempo putting because I feel like my speed is all over in regards to putting, but I just can't get it to work except for maybe 1 out of 25 putts. I've reached out to customer service and *crickets*. Maybe they've just stopped developing or supporting them because of low sales at this point? I have no idea. Sucks though cause I want to like this thing so bad....

I've hit a similar wall to Duffer Seamus. It's so disappointing too because I still believe this product has an idea and potential that is beyond anything that exists that the normal golf consumer has access to. I've constantly pulled this back out and attempted to muddle with it. When I can get it to work consistently which it does for the most part with my 7i and 9i it is very much aligning with exactly what my instructor tells me about attack angle etc.

I would love to use it for tempo putting because I feel like my speed is all over in regards to putting, but I just can't get it to work except for maybe 1 out of 25 putts. I've reached out to customer service and *crickets*. Maybe they've just stopped developing or supporting them because of low sales at this point? I have no idea. Sucks though cause I want to like this thing so bad....
huh, my is working fine. I just got it back from another THPer who borrowed it for a stretch and the putting worked just fine.

huh, my is working fine. I just got it back from another THPer who borrowed it for a stretch and the putting worked just fine.
I wish, I really do wish. Sometimes it'll randomly work with my driver but it'd say it's about 30% at best. Long irons maybe 30% at best. I haven't used it alot chipping, but putting is where it's been just awful for me.

It's been awhile, but the replacement sensor I got must have been 95% consistent for me. And maybe 85% for my 6y/o. Plenty good for me.

Obviously I said replacement sensor, so seems to be consistency issues for sure.

It's been awhile, but the replacement sensor I got must have been 95% consistent for me. And maybe 85% for my 6y/o. Plenty good for me.

Obviously I said replacement sensor, so seems to be consistency issues for sure.
I'll try emailing them again, maybe there is an update or something to the sensor.

I'll try emailing them again, maybe there is an update or something to the sensor.

I will say it was quite a struggle to convince them the sensor was not connecting and it wasn't something I was doing wrong, like 2 weeks. :LOL:

Last edited:
I will say it was quite a struggle to convince them the sensor was not connecting and it wasn't something I was going wrong, like 2 weeks. :LOL:
I've been emailing them for a month now, but it connects. It just doesn't register putts.

Has anyone taken a dive into air swings with the blast yet? I don't know that I'll be able to get to a sim or indoor range this winter and would like to work on the swing. Last winter, working on putting was a miracle cure with the blast. I putted the best I have in years this last season. Hoping my swing can take a leap forward and help me play better next year.

I’m toying with getting one of these… I’m recovering from ankle surgery and should be able to start chipping and putting soon. I’m most interested in how well this reads attack angle. I’ve always struggled with that on chips thru full swings so insight would be good. Any feedback?

I’m toying with getting one of these… I’m recovering from ankle surgery and should be able to start chipping and putting soon. I’m most interested in how well this reads attack angle. I’ve always struggled with that on chips thru full swings so insight would be good. Any feedback?
The only feedback you get on the attack angle is if it's positive, neutral, or negative. It doesn't let you know if you are 2* or 5* one way or the other. The putting was interesting in that it showed how open or closed the putter head was during the swing along with the tempo. The downside for me was that I started to try and optimize those and quit going with my natural feel and my putting suffered. I think for something to use as a diagnostic when things are bad it would be good, but to use more than that messed me up. I'm not very mechanical or analytical with my swing and rely on my natural feel.

Hey @baylrballa , @ddec (or any other Android users), they ever improve the app functionality for us? I was all fired up to order one, then started seeing a lot of 1⭐ reviews for the Android version in the play store. Has me pumping the brakes on my purchase until I hear something encouraging

Hey @baylrballa (or any other Android users), they ever improve the app functionality for us? I was all fired up to order one, then started seeing a lot of 1⭐ reviews for the Android version in the play store. Has me pumping the brakes on my purchase until I hear something encouraging
I never had issues with it with the good sensor.

Haven't played with it in awhile to give a good update.

They were all over my Instagram during the PGA show.
Looks interesting but expensive.

Funny seeing this because I actually got mine out the other day and saw I had quickened my pace up on chips and putts. Did one practice session and have been pretty lights out with both since then. This thing is a really good tempo check.

Love this for checking tempo and swing speed. Also good to check angle of attack.

Back