Bobby Jones Wedges?

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone hit these, my local Golfsmith is now carrying them...they're about 15-20$ more than the Clevelands and Vokeys on the shelf.

I used them for about 3 months. Edwin Watts and Golfsmith have them. I think Jesse Ortiz is an amazing club maker going back to his days with the Tri Metal. However I would not put these in the top 5 on my wedge list. But for that matter, i would not put Vokeys in there either. And I played them for 2 straight years.

Thanks for that JB.

For me personally I don't have a favorite right now. But my top 5 would be (in no order)

1. Eidolon
2. Nickent
3. Bridgestone Black
4. Nike
5. Cleveland CG12

Although I am going on memory and without looking at any of my lists.

I ended up with the Nike VR's, they preform as well as my CG12's. The only reason I switched was worn grooves.

Those are my DREAM wedges. :(

I wished I would have gotten them in all black but I ended up with the black 52* and chrome 56/60*. The stock grips are horrible on them but that's nothing 3 Winn PCI's didn't fix. The first day I used them I tore the covers off of 3 Nike Vapors.

I didn't even know they had black ones. Oh. My. God.

I didn't even know they had black ones. Oh. My. God.

Yup same forged wedge, matte black finish

post-15866-1235283441-1.jpg

I bought the chrome 56 and 60 first then about a month later the black finish came to retail (around here anyway) and I was kicking myself, so I gave the 50* CG14 I had to my lil bro and picked up the black VR 52*.

Yup same forged wedge, matte black finish

post-15866-1235283441-1.jpg

I bought the chrome 56 and 60 first then about a month later the black finish came to retail (around here anyway) and I was kicking myself, so I gave the 50* CG14 I had to my lil bro and picked up the black VR 52*.

I have yet to see those. None in stores around here, and not even on tgw or golfsmith. SWEEEEET wedge though!

God are black wedges sexy....

JB, do you still think that highly of the Bridgestones after gaming them for a while?

Why Eidolon Wedges? I pick up a bag of irons at a yard sale, and there are four of these wedges in the set. The rest of the irons were MX 200 Mizunos. I suppose I should go hit these clubs for the heck of it.:comp:

For me personally I don't have a favorite right now. But my top 5 would be (in no order)

1. Eidolon
2. Nickent
3. Bridgestone Black
4. Nike
5. Cleveland CG12

Although I am going on memory and without looking at any of my lists.

I've played Vokey Spins, Cally X-20 wedges, Jones/Ortiz and Clevelands. I'm back to Vokey spins for the 2nd time around and very pleased though I've enver played ANY of the wedges JB listed except the Clevelands.

I don't think the club is what hampers my wedge play so I'll be happy with my Mizunos.They stop the ball well enough for me and do what I ask of them if I don't look where the ball is going during the shot.

God are black wedges sexy....

JB, do you still think that highly of the Bridgestones after gaming them for a while?

I really do like them a lot. THe look gives me a lot of confidence, and they play really well.

Why Eidolon Wedges? I pick up a bag of irons at a yard sale, and there are four of these wedges in the set. The rest of the irons were MX 200 Mizunos. I suppose I should go hit these clubs for the heck of it.:comp:

you should read our review on the front page. THey are some of the best we have ever played. So much so that our THP Teaching Pro who is a Titleist Staffer plays these over his Vokeys that he played for years. And to find some of the most expensive wedges out there in a yard sale is amazing. You should jump on those, I have never heard of finding clubs like that at a yard sale. Pretty cool. These clubs are not in retail anywhere so one would have to order them, fairly specifically and then dump them. And heck MX-200's are not really your typical yard sale type irons either.

Jeese where is that garage sell around here...sounds like an angry wife to me lol.

Yard sale is not really accurate. It was an "estate sale" to be exact. Not knowing anything about the clubs, I did know I wanted the very nice leather bag they were in. It turned out I was the high bidder. Plan was to keep the bag, and peddle the irons after checking them out. The irons have been in my garage for the past month waiting for me to do something with them Obviously I will now rethink that idea. I am playing later today, so maybe I will give these wedges shot. :comp:

I really do like them a lot. THe look gives me a lot of confidence, and they play really well.

you should read our review on the front page. THey are some of the best we have ever played. So much so that our THP Teaching Pro who is a Titleist Staffer plays these over his Vokeys that he played for years. And to find some of the most expensive wedges out there in a yard sale is amazing. You should jump on those, I have never heard of finding clubs like that at a yard sale. Pretty cool. These clubs are not in retail anywhere so one would have to order them, fairly specifically and then dump them. And heck MX-200's are not really your typical yard sale type irons either.

I have yet to find a person that did not notice just how much spinnier they were than Vokeys or others. Plus they have a great dual bounce feature. You got some $130 a piece wedges.

Back