Boredom Is Starting To Set In

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I've gotten so bored with staying at home so much that I'm starting to little things I would normally not even think about. The wife and I go for walks now the weather is warming up here in Chicago. Thank god for THP. Anyway, getting to the purpose of this thread, I've been making wallpaper of the screenies I've been making from GC 2019 and putting them on my computer screen. Hope all of you THPers and your families are doing well and staying safe.

20200403_145911.jpg

20200403_151205.jpg

Did you birdie the Par 3? The 2nd looks like a brutal up and down.

Did you birdie the Par 3? The 2nd looks like a brutal up and down.

No, but I did manage a par on the hole. That Royal Atlantic Thistle is a brute of a course. :whew:

if your bored right now get on thp tv youtube!!

Love the Royal Ethalwind screen saver. Well done there.

At least you can "play" golf.

The game is great, but it's not the same as actually being out there playing. :)

I'm working so it helps. But at the same time, we have to be so cautious when a customer comes to the door. We installed an intercom system so we don't have to open it and have been playing with it all day.

looks good! Have to keep us posted on other good scenes... might have to use some!

looks good! Have to keep us posted on other good scenes... might have to use some!

I'd be more than willing to share them anytime. (y)

I'll try posting some here if anybody likes any of them just PM me and I'll be more than happy to pass them on. ;)

Here's a favorite of mine.

Image36.jpg

Here's and interesting par 3 that I just finished playing. Ended up taking bogy when I hit my 3w in too the sheep pasture beyond the hole. :laughing:

Image16.jpg

This was the course I was playing.

Image37.jpg

At least you’re playing!

At least you’re playing!

I think we can both agree that it isn't quite the same as the real thing? But, do have to admit it is a hoot the play. Especially when I seem to get my duck hook like in real golfing. o_O :laughing:

My wife and I have been swamped at work. Usually I would be pissed about the long hours, but am grateful that we have the distraction to keep from boredom or watching the news too much.

I think we can both agree that it isn't quite the same as the real thing? But, do have to admit it is a hoot the play. Especially when I seem to get my duck hook like in real golfing. o_O :laughing:
Completely agree! I downloaded WGT to fiddle with on my iPhone...
And it’s funny you mention your miss! I’m finding the same damn thing, except mines a “power fade”.
Are you using a sim or game pad of some type?

I have been doing non-stop yard work for the past couple of weeks to keep my mind of not being able to play. Have built a 4 foot high by 3 foot wide by 10 yard long pile of limbs, leaves and dead grass in front of our house on the side of the road. Hoping the city picks it up soon before I make it even longer and higher.

Are you using a sim or game pad of some type?

I'm using mouse and keypad on my PC. I've bought a XBox One contoller and have been trying to get used to it with the joystick for swinging. Right now my dispersion is covering about 3 counties.

I'm using mouse and keypad on my PC. I've bought a XBox One contoller and have been trying to get used to it with the joystick for swinging. Right now my dispersion is covering about 3 counties.
Yep, picking up a game is a nice distraction for me at least right now. I’ve never been a big video game person, so we’ll see how long I stick with this one.

Yep, picking up a game is a nice distraction for me at least right now. I’ve never been a big video game person, so we’ll see how long I stick with this one.

Not a big gamer myself, played alot of Silent Hunter over the years. Some Skyrim and Tomb Raider. GC 2019 is holding my attention and I think it will till I can get out and play some real golf.

Heading over to Scotland in a little bit to play Royal Troon (the old course). :golf2:

Not a big gamer myself, played alot of Silent Hunter over the years. Some Skyrim and Tomb Raider. GC 2019 is holding my attention and I think it will till I can get out and play some real golf.
I started with WGT because it is also compatible with SkyTrak and I’m considering it research for future. But I also see now that GC 2019 is available as an option... interesting! Might have to do some comparisons.

Here's a couple of screenies from tonights round.

Image38.jpg

Image41.jpg

Back