ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
It seems like smaller boutique brands that offer customization and limited supplies that the larger OEM's can't or won't are getting more and more popular. What do you guys think of them, are they more reliable or less. Better quality or worse? Please also share your specific anecdotes and experiences with these companies if you have any.

It depends on what you consider boutique. Is SeeMore boutique? Eidolon? Nickent? How does one determine a boutique brand? If it is by revenue or profits, some of these smaller companies might surprise you.

It depends on what you consider boutique. Is SeeMore boutique? Eidolon? Nickent? How does one determine a boutique brand? If it is by revenue or profits, some of these smaller companies might surprise you.

That's true JB but I was purposely vague on that point because I wanted to see what a lot of people consider a boutique brand, and I don't mean to say they or bad or question them (I tried to leave my opinion out to begin)....I'm just curious what the masses think. For example I think Nickent it to big to fall into that category but I would consider our Sponsor SSB to be in that category, Eidolon as well. Seemore, they are on the edge but since we see them in larger chain stores I would say they don't count either, in my opinion. I've had experiences with several, most have been very positive.

The only one I have experience with is Scratch, and in my eyes, they are the best wedges on the market. So I would have to say quality and such is top notch.

morning pros's...

i am not really sure what qualifies as a boutique brand, but ill give it a try... one of my drivers that i have "DCT" is made by GEEK golf... it is a super low spin head that really performs great when you step on it...

the head guys name is steve alamo and the customer service is second to none... hey, you can call the guy and he will talk as long as you want ... lol

also, when you buy one from this "boutique brand" you can get the head hand picked to your specs... :clapp:

i sure hope that this answer is on topic...

Duane,
One of our wonderful forum members introduced me to Steve Almo and he is a great guy. We look forward to having his drivers in our shoot outs in the future.

Duane,
One of our wonderful forum members introduced me to Steve Almo and he is a great guy. We look forward to having his drivers in our shoot outs in the future.

morning jb...

that sounds great... looking forward to hear what everyone thinks of his products...

For me I think that we should identify what the boutique brands are before going forward. Any company that does not pay players to use their products? Any company that is not sold in superstores? etc etc....

For me I think that we should identify what the boutique brands are before going forward. Any company that does not pay players to use their products? Any company that is not sold in superstores? etc etc....

hey jb,

good idea to "identify" what a boutique brand is ... i think it will take away a little of the confusion for peeps wanting to post on this thread... :clapp:

Speaking as a boutique guy(for now) I have to say that because myself and/or Lamont see, touch, or work on EVERY Putter or wedge that leaves our company that our quality is second to none. We do not cend clubs out with tolerances, our wedges and putters are measured and ready to go at the intended loft when they leave.

I would say our quality is second to none, however our profit is far lower because of the low er quantities we buy in and our customization. Take those and add in that our prices are just as low if not lower than standard equipment from the big guys and we have an uphill battle. However it is one worth fighting, or I would not be doing it.

For me personally I would say companies like SSB^^ that produce smaller quantities and are not available at large chain retail stores.

So that could be said about many brands. Especially putters. I could name 20 putter brands that none of the stores near me have and they seem to have most. Most people say that about Nickent as well. But I would not call them boutique either.

Back