Brand you love, but have never played?

Disclaimer - I have now played Cobra clubs. I ❤ :cobra:
Glad you were finally able to get out and play them! Guessing it went well?

Glad you were finally able to get out and play them! Guessing it went well?

One very big surprise and one unexpected, but still wonderful result. The T Rails were fun to hit from the 5 iron to the gap wedge. After a few poor early swings (I literally took my first swing since my fitting today on the first tee) I was able to hit the T Rails high long and straight. And I'm at least one club longer than my old irons. And that's with a crappy first day of the year swing, The results with the T Rails were not unexpected because I hit them well in my fitting. The big surprise was the 14.5 draw Speedzone Fairway. I was able to launch it off the deck with no problems. Same with the 5 and 7. Given my lack of success with my prior 3w at 16 degrees, I was not expecting to hit a 14.5 as well as I did.

One very big surprise and one unexpected, but still wonderful result. The T Rails were fun to hit from the 5 iron to the gap wedge. After a few poor early swings (I literally took my first swing since my fitting today on the first tee) I was able to hit the T Rails high long and straight. And I'm at least one club longer than my old irons. And that's with a crappy first day of the year swing, The results with the T Rails were not unexpected because I hit them well in my fitting. The big surprise was the 14.5 draw Speedzone Fairway. I was able to launch it off the deck with no problems. Same with the 5 and 7. Given my lack of success with my prior 3w at 16 degrees, I was not expecting to hit a 14.5 as well as I did.
That's fantastic! Exactly what I was hoping to hear about the T Rails! Also, a great maiden voyage with the 3w, that's a great story. Excited to see how this relationship with Cobra continues to evolve for you!

Miura and Wilson blades are sexy but I have not hit them as to avoid temptation.

I've only been playing a couple of years and in that short amount of time have become a data/gear *****. The only irons I've ever hit longer than a range, or simulator session were off the shelf Callaway Rogues, and fitted Miura CB-301's (current gamers).

Although I would be hard pressed to move the Miura's out of my bag, I really want to try some Mizuno irons comparable to my CB's. I have a few friends much better than I that I respect who play them and swear they will never touch another brand. Kinda sends my mind racing, if I'm honest.

If I love the brand I make sure I get to put in play at least onetime.
Exception would be Muira. I really love the look of their forged irons.
I can’t see my my self shelling out that much for an iron set or even a wedge.
I played Honma OnOff Fourteen but didn’t see any improvements. Maybe when I pass 60+ I might consider Xxio or Honma brand.
Most all typical brand that looked good I have tried and most had their plus/minus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm...none I don't think.

Have played:

Callaway/Ody/Toulon, Titleist/SC, Taylormade, Cobra, Mizuno, Cleveland/Srixon, Honma, PING, Miura, Betti, Adams...might be missing some.

There are brands I have not played, but honestly can't say I love them or even that I feel that I am missing anything either. Closest would probably be Piretti.

Hogan is added to the list.

Back