Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Par

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
This hole looks like it should be fairly straight forward according to my strategy. Driver over the left side bunkers and fade into the fairway. Probably 9i into the green since it's uphill. After reading some of the comments, I'm just hoping I can find the ball when I get over the hill.
1713367371139.png

This is such a fun hole. A good drive is going to put you in the gully. It’s a fairly forgiving tee shot if you miss left. The approach can be challenging as it’s significantly uphill but overall it’s a pretty simple hole

Driver and see what happens, maybe sneak away with a par. Or other.

on the simulator i discovered it's possible to hit an approach on this hole that goes cart path - cottage roof - cart path - bunker.

Andrew Garfield GIF by NETFLIX
Nicole Kidman Television GIF by Paramount+

on the simulator i discovered it's possible to hit an approach on this hole that goes cart path - cottage roof - cart path - bunker.

Andrew Garfield GIF by NETFLIX
Nicole Kidman Television GIF by Paramount+
Not optimal?

All those lefties.
Yup. I was the only one to be on the correct side.

Only bummer was I didn't even need to borrow a lefty club for any shot.

this is another one where the tee box we use seems like it will make a huge difference...almost 60 yards between them!

either way it's still driver and let it follow the fairway curling left and running down the hill.
i don't mind playing into an elevated green, especially if i'm in short iron range.
I hit the ball so low, these elevated greens might be a problem. Should probably practice some non-flighted wedges the next couple weeks.

I hit the ball so low, these elevated greens might be a problem. Should probably practice some non-flighted wedges the next couple weeks.
Yeah the ball needs to go up lol

Man I love the layout of this course. The elevation changes are going to be so much fun!

Tough hole. Looks wide but then gets super narrow right were I would be hitting driver. This potentially takes driver out of hand and makes this hole much more difficult..

20230522_144422.jpg
Hole 11 slope.

20230522_144454.jpg
Left isn't dead, just a wee bit rough.

Depends on the tee box, wind, and how I'm hitting my driver that day. Smart play may be to hit a hybrid and just accept the longer iron into the green.

If I played here again I’d probably go 5W, 5W, chip on, 2 putt. Driver just put me in bad spots that I wasn’t comfortable with. It was an adventure. I don’t like not being able to see my shot land or stop. This hole gave me both. I’d expect to get punched in the face and just try to limit the damage that’s coming. But in all likelihood I pull driver and make a mess. Put me down for an X.

Everything about this course is having my inner voice scream at me to swing easy, no doubt that will be ignored sooner rather than later 🤣
Swing too easy though and you still might end up in trouble.

Back