Broken stand leg - ping Hoover bag

NTXNoodler

Reaction score
Handicap
So ya, title says it all, let got bent while I was playing in Vegas and I tried to bend it back only to snap it in half. I read online where you need to work with an authorized retailer. Called PGA superstore and they said I would need to bring the bag in for them to evaluate that it's broken....duh.....

My question is has anyone done this and had to pay for it? What did it run you? If it's costly enough I will just buy a new bag. I am sour as the bag is only 2 years old and I love it. The guy at GPA said maybe they hook me up and not charge for replacement...thoughts?

Thanks guys and merry christmas!

Edit: ping hoofer bag lol

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Do you know if it’s still under warranty.

So ya, title says it all, let got bent while I was playing in Vegas and I tried to bend it back only to snap it in half. I read online where you need to work with an authorized retailer. Called PGA superstore and they said I would need to bring the bag in for them to evaluate that it's broken....duh.....

My question is has anyone done this and had to pay for it? What did it run you? If it's costly enough I will just buy a new bag. I am sour as the bag is only 2 years old and I love it. The guy at GPA said maybe they hook me up and not charge for replacement...thoughts?

Thanks guys and merry christmas!

Edit: ping hoofer bag lol

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
We use to send those things in all the time to Ping when I worked at the golf store in college. They are the only company that will actually stand behind their warranty on a bag and will typically fix it for cheaper than what you would expect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We use to send those things in all the time to Ping when I worked at the golf store in college. They are the only company that will actually stand behind their warranty on a bag and will typically fix it for cheaper than what you would expect.

Ya but do u recall how much the typical fix was? Generally? I hate the unbag all my stuff take it up there, only for them to say it will be $75 or something dumb like that. At that point might as well reinvest in a new bag.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ya but do u recall how much the typical fix was? Generally? I hate the unbag all my stuff take it up there, only for them to say it will be $75 or something dumb like that. At that point might as well reinvest in a new bag.

Not real sure what it would cost but I do remember it being somewhere around that $75 range now that you say that.

Great, thanks for the help....

Have you tried calling Ping directly? I had a Callaway bag that was three years old. The shoulder strap broke loose from the bag while I was playing. It couldn't be fixed. I was going to shop around for a new bag when my wife told me that I should try to call Callaway and see if there was anything that they could do. I called and told the CS rep. what had happened. She told me to log on to their web site and go to the golf bags. When I got there she told me to pick one of the bags and tell her what color I wanted it in. I ask how much it was going to cost and was told it wouldn't cost anything. They sent me a brand new bag that actually cost more than the one that broke. I have heard some great things about Ping customer service. Might want to give it a shot.

Have you tried calling Ping directly? I had a Callaway bag that was three years old. The shoulder strap broke loose from the bag while I was playing. It couldn't be fixed. I was going to shop around for a new bag when my wife told me that I should try to call Callaway and see if there was anything that they could do. I called and told the CS rep. what had happened. She told me to log on to their web site and go to the golf bags. When I got there she told me to pick one of the bags and tell her what color I wanted it in. I ask how much it was going to cost and was told it wouldn't cost anything. They sent me a brand new bag that actually cost more than the one that broke. I have heard some great things about Ping customer service. Might want to give it a shot.
I will call tomorrow and see what they say...

Back