Bruce Springsteen Tour

Bruce was never “for the common man.” He made all that up…said it was his “magic trick.”
There are a million stories out there about how awesome he is to the fans. Never big timing them, showing up with the band unannounced at small clubs and playing free shows, not to mention the 4.5 hour shows that were common when he was young. Don't think you could find many stars who treated common people better.

I wanted to go but tickets were like $500 per in the 300 section back away from the stage. F that noise.

There are a million stories out there about how awesome he is to the fans. Never big timing them, showing up with the band unannounced at small clubs and playing free shows, not to mention the 4.5 hour shows that were common when he was young. Don't think you could find many stars who treated common people better.

As a lifelong fan who always felt Bruce knew me (very much like the character in Springsteen and Me) I’m well aware of the man, the myth, and legend that he is. Been going to his shows since 1977, only missing a few tours along the way. Made my daughter a fan as well. Will probably go with her this time too, if he adds a stop in STL in the expected second US wave.

But that doesn’t mean I have to be unaware or dismissive of his own words as to the “Magic Trick” that he describes in his own autobiography. Now I see him as an extremely flawed, greedy genius.

Yes the college town bar stops were awesome for the fans of the ‘70s, but how well is he treating the “common man” with ticket prices sometimes upwards of $1500 a seat now? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nah dont think I'll be dropping that money on tickets, I had the luck of meeting him briefly in red bank though a few years back so that's probably cooler than a concert for me

I
As a lifelong fan who always felt Bruce knew me (very much like the character in Springsteen and Me) I’m well aware of the man, the myth, and legend that he is. Been going to his shows since 1977, only missing a few tours along the way. Made my daughter a fan as well. Will probably go with her this time too, if he adds a stop in STL in the expected second US wave.

But that doesn’t mean I have to be unaware or dismissive of his own words as to the “Magic Trick” that he describes in his own autobiography. Now I see him as an extremely flawed, greedy genius.

Yes the college town bar stops were awesome for the fans of the ‘70s, but how well is he treating the “common man” with ticket prices sometimes upwards of $1500 a seat now? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I am by no means a hero worshipper, period. Everyone is flawed. And many creative people have deep emotional and psychological problems to go along with the creativity. So all we can do is look at the whole package to judge, on the whole, whether they've done good or bad. Bruce is way better than most, and whether the tickets sold the first time for 100 or 1500, the second number is what would now be in play in the secondary market. It is what it is these days when it comes to concerts. I would never pay those prices, but others will. Personally, I saw him on the born in the USA tour (for 25 bucks) and I've never seen anything like it before or since.

He's not someone I'd travel to see and doesn't come close enough for me but I wouldn't miss it if I were a fan. Not sure how many more he has left in him. I'd bet Bob Seger makes an appearance in the Detroit show.

He's not someone I'd travel to see and doesn't come close enough for me but I wouldn't miss it if I were a fan. Not sure how many more he has left in him. I'd bet Bob Seger makes an appearance in the Detroit show.
Not likely. Was just reading reviews of the tour opener, and it was mentioned that Bruce and the band are traveling in a hard COVID bubble. Road crew and security masking, no physical contact with the audience, including no kids on stage, no crowd surfing, and no guest performers (yet).

We’ll see if any of that changes, but they’re almost all in their 70’s, and if he’s still buying into the pandemic pseudoscience after three years I imagine there’ll be a disconnect for the duration.

Not likely. Was just reading reviews of the tour opener, and it was mentioned that Bruce and the band are traveling in a hard COVID bubble. Road crew and security masking, no physical contact with the audience, including no kids on stage, no crowd surfing, and no guest performers (yet).

We’ll see if any of that changes, but they’re almost all in their 70’s, and if he’s still buying into the pandemic pseudoscience after three years I imagine there’ll be a disconnect for the duration.
I seen Segers last show in Philly just before the pandemic. Seen Clapton a few months ago. If they don't have issues by then I'm betting it loosens up some.

Bruce was never “for the common man.” He made all that up…said it was his “magic trick.”

Do you have a reference to that quote?

Back