Bryson....where it all began.

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Found this recent video on Bryson's YouTube page which features the local course where he learned the game of golf. This was particularly interesting to me as I have played this course numerous times and Bryson and his accomplishments have always been prominently featured and promoted. This is the type of content I really enjoy from his channel and kind of gives a different glimpse into his personality and his creativity.

Cool. I'll give this a watch.

i was just thinking about that course...i'd like to play there again.

Really like his videos. Good content.

Used to root hard for the guy as the greatest flake and nerd in golf who totally bombed it. Even more so after he finished top ten in long drive. Now he has left the tour for LIV so do not follow except in majors and he seems disinterested and like he has lost his game and former great drive to be the best., albeit after some injuries. Will he ever come back to form?

I'll take a pass...
Thanks for letting us know but your loss. He makes good content. His YouTube channel is what completely changed my perspective on him. I love that we can have a look behind the curtain so to speak and see a more real version of the person though a more personal lens.

Bryson is really good on social media and with the videos he puts out. He makes it hard to not like him.

Found this recent video on Bryson's YouTube page which features the local course where he learned the game of golf. This was particularly interesting to me as I have played this course numerous times and Bryson and his accomplishments have always been prominently featured and promoted. This is the type of content I really enjoy from his channel and kind of gives a different glimpse into his personality and his creativity.

I played against Bryson in high school. Man he was just as good then as he is now! Thanks for sharing this. I’ll have to give it a watch.

Bryson was a draw for the tour but he took the sure money and left the tour. Injury probably had something to do with it, so you can't blame him but he's no longer playing competitive golf as I know it. I wish him well but to me he's irrelevant.

He seems like a really likable guy.

Question for me is will he be competitive again. He has been one of the worst performers on LIV (as bad as Phil). I am curious whether his days on top are over. I just don’t think what he was doing is sustainable for the human body.

Question for me is will he be competitive again. He has been one of the worst performers on LIV (as bad as Phil). I am curious whether his days on top are over. I just don’t think what he was doing is sustainable for the human body.
He was top ten in the Open, I think it's a matter of putting it together in any given week like most other golfers. Very few of them are on every leaderboard, though he did have a pretty good run there before he got hurt. I guess I'm saying it's hard to tell but he sure is fun to watch when he's putting it together.

Question for me is will he be competitive again.
That's what I'm beginning to question. He was my favorite player--in part because of his very methodical approach to the game striking a chord in me. But it's hard to remain interested when he's consistently trailing the leaders so badly :( I'm hoping the poor showings we've seen from him lately are due to him still rebuilding after his injury and surgery.

He was top ten in the Open, I think it's a matter of putting it together in any given week like most other golfers. Very few of them are on every leaderboard, though he did have a pretty good run there before he got hurt. I guess I'm saying it's hard to tell but he sure is fun to watch when he's putting it together.
Agree he makes golf more fun. He also reps Cobra which is near and dear to my heart so i hope he gets it going again as well.

Great video to see some of the methods behind the great madness. Also, I have roots from that area of Stockton and played a fair amount at the course he mentioned Poppy Ridge.

Thought it was a good video showing where he came from and the work he put in.

Honestly the one guy on LIV I kind of still root for;. I remember he said he plans to give most of the money to go to charity he runs. He is just a different type of unique and talented dude who does things his own way, and was good for the tour and I miss seeing him there much more anyone else that left.

Used to root hard for the guy as the greatest flake and nerd in golf who totally bombed it. Even more so after he finished top ten in long drive. Now he has left the tour for LIV so do not follow except in majors and he seems disinterested and like he has lost his game and former great drive to be the best., albeit after some injuries. Will he ever come back to form?

Can he get those wedges sorted out......

I kept saying that. There was no way that he could swing like that, round after round, for a full season, let alone a career. And all that stiff left arm stuff. Your body will eventually break down. Better to be just natural in the swing, and not try to force anything. Just my opinion. I have been driving a truck for over 30 years, and that alone has taken a toll on my body, especially my right arm. Elbow can't be straightened, and I have shoulder issues, with all those years of shifting. Good thing that I "float" the gears, by shifting without the clutch, or I would not have a left knee. And no amount of gym workouts will keep any of this away. You will feel better, but it just happens over time. Will be 66 in November, and looking for an automatic transmission tractor to drive. The golf swing does not seem to bother me with these ailments, but it is a much shorter swing these days.

Cool video and man he worked hard at his game.

This is also a fun watch. I've played this course plenty of times.

Back