B'stone J40 Wedge vs. Mizuno MP-T4 Wedge?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

I'm considering new wedges. I've lost my confidence with my current setup. So, instead of getting lessons ('cause who needs lessons?), I've decided I need new clubs.

Has anyone played both and can anyone comment? I'm especially interested in how the two performed with full shots.

Thanks!

Sure have. Have both here sitting next to me actually.
Both are quality wedges, but I definitely prefer the sole design of the J40 wedges. I also really like the looks of the J40 black wedge and how it wears.

As to full swings, while I am not a huge proponent in full swings with wedges instead of just continuing the set, they were similar for me.

I can only speak for the Bridgestone wedges, but they are extremely versatile and by opening/closing the face you can pull off a variety of shots. I will agree with JB, I prefer the black oxide over the satin. I enjoy the way to wears over time and the just look good, IMO.

Sure have. Have both here sitting next to me actually.
Both are quality wedges, but I definitely prefer the sole design of the J40 wedges. I also really like the looks of the J40 black wedge and how it wears.

As to full swings, while I am not a huge proponent in full swings with wedges instead of just continuing the set, they were similar for me.

What is it about the sole design of the J40 that you prefer over the T-4?

What is it about the sole design of the J40 that you prefer over the T-4?

The bounce area of the heel makes the wedge a bit more versatile to me.

I'm am also looking at new wedges, Santa has my list. Thinking Tp-4 50* gap for full swings and maybe a combo set 55* & 60* from scor, Hopkins or Mr. Vokey. Please chime in with any advise. Its always appreciated.

swing your swing

Back