Bubba playing 6,100 yard tees

That was a great read! very cool! really enjoyed the intro highlighting the difference between normal course quality and ours.

Finally had a chance to read it and it was an entertaining article. I played there end of January but from the 5600 yard tee box and shot an 82. I was +1 on the front and +11 (5 doubles) on the back. I hit 10/12 fairways but only 8 greens. If someone would have asked me what a tour pro would have shot that day from my tee box, I would have guessed he broke 60. I would think if Bubba played it a few times and learned the greens, he would break 60 easily.

I play an executive course sometimes and it is difficult for me to shoot my cap there because I am not close enough even when I hit the green to make a birdie. It is extremely difficult to hit more than a 10’ putt on many public courses due to conditions.

2418E209-DABA-46F3-BA5A-4AC662DF9F00.png

That was a really fun read and I've always wondered what would happen in this situation. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't go lower, there's a really big difference in condition between what he's used to playing and a course like us average guys play. I'm a fan of Bubba so I'm glad it was him that did this.

I think Bubba could shoot a 59 at my home course, even with the greens being a lot slower than he's used to. I hate slow greens.

Back