Bucket Hat thoughts

Girardcorp

Reaction score
Handicap
So, thanks to a quick bout with skin cancer, i'm in the market for a bucket hat... If you were in the same predicament, would you get a generic one (Nike, FJ, UA etc..) or try to find a cool one from a course that you've played. I've noticed a lot of the higher end resorts offer bucket hats with their logo on them. Just curious what you'd do??

I have one from UA. I like it. It's reversible. Gray/white. I wear it mostly to the pool.

I’d wear any and all of them...if I could pull off the look. I like hats though..so I’d have a collection.

I’ve heard Pukka are good.... anyone use them? Would love one that isn’t super hot and repels sweat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one I've been wearing the past summer. Fits great and does a great job of keeping the sun off my face and neck. I had skin cancer removed on my ear a couple of years ago so I don't like to take any chances anymore. I like the more structured brim on this particular hat.
2019-Tour-Aussie-WG-BL-TH9SSAUS-10.png

This is the one I've been wearing the past summer. Fits great and does a great job of keeping the sun off my face and neck. I had skin cancer removed on my ear a couple of years ago so I don't like to take any chances anymore. I like the more structured brim on this particular hat.
View attachment 8919532
This is the bucket hat I wear when I do. It’s pretty darn good all around

All good thoughts so far. Unfortunately whether i can 'pull this off' isn't a concern anymore. I should buy stock in Sunscreen companies also..... I like the classic look like the ones the old guys wear at Augusta... Classy looking

I have two that I wear:

- a classic bucket hat with the 2016 PGA Championship Baltusrol logo that I bought when we went there. It's white and showing sunscreen stains, but I still like it
- a TEK O2 Waterproof Trekking Hat Unisex, X-Large, Black that I bought at L.L. Bean. I can't find it online, but it looks a little like the Titleist hat above. Mine is vented, has a built-in SPF, and the wide, unstructured brim provides a lot of protection without getting in the way of my swing. I have problems with stiff wide brims when I try to play.

All good thoughts so far. Unfortunately whether i can 'pull this off' isn't a concern anymore. I should buy stock in Sunscreen companies also..... I like the classic look like the ones the old guys wear at Augusta... Classy looking

Girardcorp - if I can use a Clicgear push cart, iron covers, a 26 handicap, and a bucket hat without shame, you can pull off a bucket hat.

I own this Ping Boonie bucket/sun hat in grey and also white. I like it because the brim is wide , yet structured. Also, the entire hat is light weight.

Ping Boonie Hat.jpg

Can definitely see where these would be good. Have friend who wears the Ping hat mentioned above, says it is quite comfortable and plenty of protection from the sun.

I like hats, so, yes, you see one you like, buy it. You might think about sun sleeves, while you are at it.

I have a Titleist Aussie hat, and, a couple of random bucket hats - Ashworth, Cutter & Buck, UA. You can, also, look at fishing hats.

I have a few because i Marshall at the Colonial and Keep Score at the Byron. I get a larger Bucket hat each year to wear. I also have a bucket from the Colonial Country Club i was given for helping with the Member Guest.

I like hats, so, yes, you see one you like, buy it. You might think about sun sleeves, while you are at it.

I have a Titleist Aussie hat, and, a couple of random bucket hats - Ashworth, Cutter & Buck, UA. You can, also, look at fishing hats.
Sun sleeves, great idea!

Not a bucket but I picked up an Aussie Chiller Bushie over the summer.

I bought it for the ability to wet it down for a chilling effect. That works but only lasts for 15 minutes or so. But the hat is great, holds its shape even wet. Lightweight, great sun protection.

I look like a dufus in it but others pull it off very well.

9b96f86fea3fe8c484abc88702599195.jpg

View attachment 8919532
I am going to get one of those and 4 or 5 different color Under Armour long sleeve compression shirts to wear during summer golf. I already bought a swim shirt this year. I spend so much time outside during the summer I just dont want to wait till it's too late.

The more unique, the better. I just picked up one from William Murphy that is waiting to be opened on Christmas.

Doesn't have to be golf specific...

Not a bucket hat, but this one. I think it looks cool, but a lot of others think I look "special". :cry:

golf hat.jpg

I have a couple of Dorfman Pacific washed twill safari hats with mesh sides. They keep you cool when it's hot. I got them at a PGA Super Store in Myrtle Beach.

I have a couple of bucket hats, they’re rain hats though.

I'd be looking for something light, fairly sturdy, and that fits my head. For is tough for me unfortunately. I wouldn't care if it was a course hat or not. Skin cancer is no joke. My wife had a big area removed this summer. Get covered!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back